1130 - exception update to PostgreSQL 9.4

Uwe

Hello,

I made a backup of the shared catalogs, stopped the Daminion Server, installed PostgreSQL 9.4 (64bit), deinstalled PostgreSQL 9.3 (64bit) and started the Server Admin Panel to assign the new DB. Here I get the exception:

************** Exception Text **************

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Der angegebene Dienst ist kein installierter Dienst

The postgresql service is running

I'll try to install PostgreSQL 9.3. again, then to switch from 9.3. to 9.4 in the Admin Panel.

Update: It doesn't work, when you deinstall 9.3 after assigning the 9.4 in the Admin Panel.

Even if you switch to 9.4 in the Admin Panel, the Daminion Service still depends on the postgreSQL 9.3.

In the Daminion.Server.exe.config is still the port 5432 (PostgreSQL 9.3) but the new PostgreSQL 9.4 uses 5433.

<!---->

What did I do?

1. stopped the Daminion Server/Service

2. I changed in the *.config files the port from 5432 to 5433

3. changed in the Registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Daminion Server Service\DependOnService (REG_MULTI_SZ) from "postgresql-x64-9.3" to "postgresql-x64-9.4"

4. restored the shared catalogs

5. started the Server

6. it works

Regards, Uwe

Hello,

from my point of view there was no need to upgrade. I just wanted to test it. Now I'm on the newest version of PostgreSQL but I don't know if this an advantage for Daminion.

I don't have any disconnection.

Regards, Uwe