Daminion Inside: grouping images in Daminion 3.4

Murat

This looks really good. Another idea that came to mind was visual tags - where in one view you could scroll through the top 5 photos of each keyword or category group. For people that are looking for images but don't do any of the tagging, this may be helpful

Like this:

Cats [image 1] [image 2] [image 3] [image 4] [image 5]

Dogs [image 1] [image 2] [image 3] [image 4] [image 5]

Houses Cats [image 1] [image 2] [image 3] [image 4] [image 5]

Or like how many websites have album previews.

Good work :)

Two stacks can be grouped in the single one. An image can be removed from stack via the context menu.

I'm sure the functions exist, I was just saying that I missed them from the video. It was just the presentation of the very same function like 5 times. :)

I will test it later when there will be a release (or is it there in that 3.4 multiple shared catalog release already? I didn't see this in the list, and I can't use the server version, so I didn't download it), I'm curious what happens when I'm creating a filter which is true for only one image in the group.

edit: "We decided to include multiple shared catalogs into the 3.4 and the Stacking into the 3.5 version"

Oh, I need to read all the comments before I post. :D

• 2 years later...

Thanks for the suggestion. Yep. We plan to add an option to group images automatically in the future Daminion versions.

Sorry for reviving an old discussion, but I am currently evaluating several DAM solutions, and, as I shoot in RAW+JPG, automatic grouping is one of my core requirements. I am currently very happy with Daminion, except for the lack of automatic grouping, which keeps it out of my shortlist. Any news on whether there are still plans for automatic grouping and, if so, when it will be implemented?

Thanks in advance!

We added experimentally RAW+JPEG grouping in one of the previous beta version, but we received so many feedback from our users about how it should work and how many possible scenarios that we need to handle... so we decided to "revert" this feature now due to a some limited time before releasing 5.0 version.

We added experimentally RAW+JPEG grouping in one of the previous beta version, but we received so many feedback from our users about how it should work and how many possible scenarios that we need to handle... so we decided to "revert" this feature now due to a some limited time before releasing 5.0 version.

Hi and thanks for replying. I understand there are (too) many ways of handling this.

My preference would be a function to automatically group all images according to capture time, e.g. all images having a capture time within a user-defined time are grouped automatically.

This has the additional advantage of allowing automatic grouping not only of RAW+JPEG pairs, but also images taken in burst mode.

Hope to see this feature in the future.

And, in case you implement automatic grouping, there are of course many other options that would turn out to be useful, in certain circumstances, like grouping per geographical distance, lens, camera (or any other metadata).

Different users will have different whishes, indeed.