1019 - question VIPS support

Uwe

Hello,

you wrote:

Added Experimental support for VIPS image processing library

This library can process TIFF files faster and without occupying a lot of memory even for huge TIFF files.

To enable this option download the VIPS library and save it in the folder with “vips” name in the MediaProcessor\ImageProcessor folder in the Daminion or Daminion server installations

My question is: what do I have to do?

Here is the screenshot of the download page:

Daminion_1019_VIPS_support.JPG

As far as I understand it, I have to download the file nip2-7.38.1-2-setup.zip and to install it (using the nip2-7.38.1-setup.exe) in the folder: c:\Program Files (x86)\Daminion Software\Daminion Server\MediaProcessors\ImageProcessor\vips\

Doing this, I get this folder structure:

Daminion_1019_VIPS_support_01.JPG

And now Daminion uses this software to render the TIF files and not the existing mediaprocessor?

Regards, Uwe

I only have to install it on the server site right?

For local catalogs you need to copy the content of the vips folder (dll and exe files) here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Daminion Software\Daminion\MediaProcessors\ImageProcessor\vips

for server catalogs you need to copy it to the computer where Daminion Server was installed:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Daminion Software\Daminion Server\MediaProcessors\ImageProcessor\vips

Do I have to put the content of the bin folder to the vips folder or just the folder

The content. It contains mainly dll and exe files.