Import custom tags

Volker

I think this idea doesn't get too much support because most users just accept it as it is now (or they are not using custom tags or using them minimally).

But Daminion is still in development phase so I think we need tell our own ideas now, not after the development finished. A few ideas may come true. No, not a few, a lot of ideas came true already thanks to this forum and the developers, and a lot of ideas are in development.

So if anyone agree with this "show a list of found custom tags" idea, please, say something, lol. :D

Thanks, but it wouldn't help too much. I tested big catalogs in both normal and server version, and after 300000 items the server version started to slow down, too. And there we can't create more catalogs (yet?).

I have now 18 normal catalogs, around 80-100000 items in all of them, mainly because the speed, secondary I tried to manage the different themes in different catalogs, but there are a lot of overlaps, especially in the tags area.

That is why the maintenance of tag structures and custom tags is taking a very long time. Every time I change something in the structure in one catalog, I need to change all the catalogs. And the import-export is not always the fastest solution, and not even usable with new custom tags.

And that is why I hope that the new controlled vocabulary will be a global list. :D

edit: of course, this 100000 and 300000 items thing is great, in other softwares, like LR, I often experienced slowdowns after 30-40000 images.

Thanks, but it wouldn't help too much. I tested big catalogs in both normal and server version, and after 300000 items the server version started to slow down, too. And there we can't create more catalogs (yet?).

I have now 18 normal catalogs, around 80-100000 items in all of them, mainly because the speed, secondary I tried to manage the different themes in different catalogs, but there are a lot of overlaps, especially in the tags area.

That is why the maintenance of tag structures and custom tags is taking a very long time. Every time I change something in the structure in one catalog, I need to change all the catalogs. And the import-export is not always the fastest solution, and not even usable with new custom tags.

And that is why I hope that the new controlled vocabulary will be a global list. :D

edit: of course, this 100000 and 300000 items thing is great, in other softwares, like LR, I often experienced slowdowns after 30-40000 images.

18 catalogs? that's impressive.

I already requested a global export feature so my parents (other usernames) could export to predifend exports (ipad 1, ipad 2, ipad 3, ipad air, iphone 4, iphone 5, etc.) I could simply create those export profiles once and have them available for all users.

18 catalogs? that's impressive.

Well, unfortunatelly I just collect other's work, so it's not a big achievement. I have very few own photos in those catalogs. I have only a lame compact machine (canon ixus 130) to take photos, and I don't like the quality at all.

I always planned to buy a better machine, but frankly, it's way too expensive for my budget and I don't have the skill neither, so it would be just a waste of non-existing money. :)

• 3 weeks later...

An image with custom tags might be in the middle of the file list for importing. And the import process might be interrupted by a Confirmation Message when you'll return from a lunch and thought that it was already finished.

This pop up could show up after importing as a status report asking what to do with those imformation