How to Reset Offline Status?

Russell

• 4 months later...

How quickly your NAS can return from the sleep mode. There are 5-7 seconds time limit for waiting a response from the FileExists function, otherwise Daminion will work very slowly with offline files that were located on unmounted drives and unavailable remote locations.

Can you please record us a short video?

• 2 weeks later...

I suspicuous that your Daminion Server service log on user was reset to the LocalSystem account that doesn't have an access to your remote location. And this might be the reason of the offline status of your files.

Please launch your Daminion Server Admin Panel and tell me what do you see in the "Log On As" fields? If you see the LocalSystem user there you need to change it to a more powerful user (or admin) who has an access to your remote locations.

Take a look at this tutorial for more info:

https://daminion.net/tutorials/configuring-daminion-server-service

Hi Murat,

The "Log On As" does show LocalSystem, but my NAS is setup to take anonymous requests, I think. I've never had problems accessing files from anything on my network. Do you have a suggestion?

Also my system has gotten much worse... Last night I left it rescanning - and it crashed with a Windows error. And a few times in a row it wouldn't launch at all, just going back to the Windows error. Not sure why it's happy now... Hopefully these log files can help you out:

Log Files (ZIP)

Not sure how I should rescan my files now. And I'm curious about the login - if it can use the LocalSystem to connect to the files and make a thumbnail, why would it have trouble using that account to access the files later?

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Russell

I got it working again - using the suggestion you had to elevate the permissions of the Service - which wasn't intuitive to find, in the Services Control Panel of Windows, not in the Daminion Server window... but anyway, it's working again...

And I'm pleased that the scanning that took place took me from 130,288 images to 161,595 today... so awesome... but still frustrated because I never know if EVERYTHING is scanned. Seems like a pretty simple need.

Thanks for getting me up and running again.

Sure enough, I hit rescan and the spinning wheel is up to 161 files in mere moments... No idea when I'll ever get everything added - or if I'll know if everything is indeed added someday.

Russell