Addresses into custom tags

rene

Hey Murat and community,

I want to store the address of the restaurants I took pictures, would you do that with the comments tag or would you write this info into a custom tag?

With Custom tags, I would probably do it like this:

Custom Tags

->Restaurants

-->Wolfgangs Steakhouse Waikiki Beach

->Hotels

-->Paradisus Varadero

etc.

or how would you do this

Is there a way to enable a sub field for the tags?

e.g. within Wolfgangs Steakhosue I could enter the adress

thanks

Question is not silly.

in the place tag, I can enter e.g. a Restaurant name, but than the adress is missing

Yeah, that 4 option is often too few for me, too. I created a Place2 custom tag because of this. There I can make any place stucture.

I'm not using adresses, but I would put it as a child of the Restaurant name, in {} marks. I hope that Daminion will give us an option to convert them to synonyms later. That way you can connect the address to the name of the place.

Ah, I see.

Just thinking out loudly how I would do it: use the place field for the actual address and the name of the restaurant in the "Description" field (field below "Title"). Although it depends whether these fiels are already used for something else ;-)

well I could do this, but actually I want the name in the location field, otherwise it will be hard to find pictures

Well, let's hope we can add synonyms to Places, too.

At least there are a lot of towns with nicknames, first example is New York, The Big Apple. Or states, Arizona and Copper State, etc.

But I think the best solution would be the tag relations. It's also an old request, but I don't have a clue when it will be available, if it will be available at all.

(You can find an example for tag relations in idimager, it was a very, very good feature, it's a big shame that the program had too much bugs and there is no support anymore. There you could simply set a relation that says this tag related to that tag, because this is the "address" and that is the "name", you can even add these texts to the relation.)

Or there were some tag groups in imatch, where you can create fields, etc. And you can assign the group to images, not the individual fields.

Tag Presets?

No, no, it's a little different. There you can create fields like "Name" and "Address", and give them values, and it's all grouped. It's like a custom "form". And you can use them to filter, too, etc.

But it's basically an organize thing. If we could create custom main groups, and add custom tag groups in them, that would be a similar thing, but without values, of course.

The Tag Presets are similar in the grouping of tags, and there are values, but you can't do much with them except assign the values (the tags). You can't use them in filter, you can't organize them in structures, etc.

You can filter by those tag groups if you re-create them in saved searches. But you can't organize those either, it's just a long list like the presets.

I think it would be better if these could be in one, organizable feature somehow.

Hello,

just some ideas to implement it with the current build.

Why don't you use a combination of Places Tags, Keyword Tags and Custom Tags to avoid double specifications. One can have e.g.

The Keyword hierarchy

Building

---Opera

---Restaurant

---Museum

The Places Tag

Australia

---New South Wales

------Sydney

---------The Rocks

The Custom Tags

Adresses

---Restaurants

------The Waterfront, 27 Circular Quay W

---------Telephon +61 2 9247 3666

---Museum

------Australian Museum, 6 College St.

---------Telephone +61 2 9320 6000

Or any other hierarchy details. Here you are free to define as detailled and complex as you want to have it.

Regards, Uwe

Hello Murat,

yes you are right, the Tag-Connector makes it easy to assign all images in one single action.

My question is: When do I use the Connector? From my point of view (workflow view): In the Import/Assign activity. In the Import I can use the Tag Presets and in the Assign activity I can assign all tags that are equal in all images at first to one item and that I can work with "Copy Tags..." and "Paste Tags...".

To work with such a Tag-Connector as a link between the tags I have to define the name of the Connector and then to assign the tags. Then I can use it. But what happens with the Connector when the job is done. Do I need it for later activities or is it not useful anymore?

Regards, Uwe

Do I need it for later activities or is it not useful anymore?

This is one of the Connector ideas: to assign a group of tags later as well as filtering content by group of tags.

Synonyms or Tag qualifiers can be considered as possible solution for this task as both, synonyms and qualifiers will be tied with tags.

This is one of the Connector ideas: to assign a group of tags later as well as filtering content by group of tags.

Synonyms or Tag qualifiers can be considered as possible solution for this task as both, synonyms and qualifiers will be tied with tags.

when will this be available?