Share your photos with Macs, Mobiles, Tablets, Web ...

Murat

We've added an experimental Dropbox addon (you can use any other cloud-services). Please take a look at the attached video. Even Camera RAW images can be shared by a single mouse click. You can associate an Export Preset with your Dropbox tag and all selected items will be exported to a web-ready JPEG format "on-the-fly".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfJUcXuiwhM

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great! Count me in to test it if/when available!

I've not used it yet and I have a feature request for it :)

Would it be possible to use symbolic links instead of copying/creating a new file? For instance, to have "Symbolic links" as an option in the Transform drop-down.

Using symbolic links could be helpful to save disk space when sharing a considerable amount of files. Considering cloud storage services now offer packages with around 100 GB for a reasonable price, I think more people will start using them for backups and this could be a great way to backup a Daminion collection.

Great work!

Looks great! Count me in to test it if/when available!

I've not used it yet and I have a feature request for it :)

We'll release a test Daminion version soon.

Would it be possible to use symbolic links instead of copying/creating a new file? For instance, to have "Symbolic links" as an option in the Transform drop-down.

Using symbolic links could be helpful to save disk space when sharing a considerable amount of files. Considering cloud storage services now offer packages with around 100 GB for a reasonable price, I think more people will start using them for backups and this could be a great way to backup a Daminion collection.

Backup and Sharing are different tasks.

Backup: You need to backup your original files and can configure it (using Symbolic links) outside of the Daminion.

Publish:

"Publish via Dropbox" feature is useful to quickly share your images with others or with another platforms.

Unlike backuping original files you can optimize your images for Web - on the fly, during copying to Dropbox folder. Plus you will see which images where published, publish/unpublish images by a single mouse click.

And because all images will be converted to let's say JPEG format, the resulted web-ready versions of your images will occupy little disk space.

• 4 months later...

This is great! We are going to use it to share a particular folder of media files with an external designer.

What could be incredible is if the designer could upload a file to the folder (currently possible through skydrive, google drive, etc.) and then Daminion could automatically add it to the server.

Keep up the good work.

What could be incredible is if the designer could upload a file to the folder (currently possible through skydrive, google drive, etc.) and then Daminion could automatically add it to the server.

That is easy. You need to install SkyDrive, Dropbox or other cloud service on your server PC, and then tell to Daminion Server to auto-rescan this folder.

And if your designer will put a file to his SkyDrive folder this will be synced with your Server Skydrive folder, Daminion Server will import it and all your Daminion user will see this file.