mark pictures for beeing exported later

rene

Hey folks,

short question. Not sure, maybe I just didn't see it.

If I order pictures, I put them all in one folder prior to upload them.

Is it possible to mark pictures in the catalog and in the end say "export to folder"? Exporting every single picture would be very time intensive.

What is the Tray for? I can't activate it on my machine. When I click on "Window>Tray" it is activated, indicated by the small arrow but it is not in the part under the pictures. On my mothers computer it is active.

thanks rene

post-1019-0-33885800-1376756708_thumb.png

short question. Not sure, maybe I just didn't see it.

If I order pictures, I put them all in one folder prior to upload them.

Is it possible to mark pictures in the catalog and in the end say "export to folder"? Exporting every single picture would be very time intensive.

What is the Tray for? I can't activate it on my machine. When I click on "Window>Tray" it is activated, indicated by the small arrow but it is not in the part under the pictures. On my mothers computer it is active.

Yes, you can use the tray for this purpose. More info here

Or you can mark images with a color label - it's much easy to "stamp" images from the keyboard by 0..9 keys.

The benefit of the Color Labels is you can see and use them even after restarting the program while images will live in the Tray only until you close the Daminion.

Yes, you can use the tray for this purpose. More info here

Or you can mark images with a color label - it's much easy to "stamp" images from the keyboard by 0..9 keys.

The benefit of the Color Labels is you can see and use them even after restarting the program while images will live in the Tray only until you close the Daminion.

Ok, thank you Murat.

I will give the flags a try

Ok,

I did it like this:

I changed the former Names (Colors) to

1 = order 1 times

2 = order 2 times

3 = order 3 times

4 = order 4 times

5 = order 5 times

6 = order 6 times

7 = order 7 times

8 = enlarge to 20x30

9 = order for Photobook

But, what if one picture shall be orderd in 2 times and for the photobook or enlarged, I can't assign two colors right?

This might be a good example for the knowledge section at least for Home Users.

rene

Hello Rene,

what about to define your own Custom Tags? There you are free to define what ever you want and to combine them.

Regards, Uwe

Hey Uwe,

how do I do that?

I want it very simple. So my mother doesn't need to hit a lot of buttons.

My way sounds pretty easy exept the multiple order option.

Please describe me your way in more detail

thanks rene

Hello Rene,

here an example for you:

Custom_Tag_Rene.jpg

The Tags are defined as follows:

Custom_Tag_Rene_01.jpg

Now you can use your redefined "Color Tag" in combination with the "Size Tag" and the "Order_to_Photobook Tag" and what ever you want. If you need more combination then create a new custom tag.

Please don't forget to "activate" the custom tags in the customizing of the Catalog Panel.

Regards, Uwe

Thank you Uwe,

just one thing. these Custom Tags, how can I activate them? I mean the Color tags are used simply by clicking 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 how can I do that with the custom tags?

The clue, order pictures directly out of daminion, instead of installing the software for every photo order studio.

The clue, order pictures directly out of daminion, instead of installing the software for every photo order studio.

Need some clarification here. Do you mean:

1. Search for images on a photo stock and then order them

2. Or track the number of ordered picture (if you are a photographer who sell pictures on photo stocks)?

Need some clarification here. Do you mean:

1. Search for images on a photo stock and then order them

2. Or track the number of ordered picture (if you are a photographer who sell pictures on photo stocks)?

Hey Murat,

no I ment, the clue would be, if I could order my chosen pictures directly out of Daminon. Just mark sizes, quantaties, ... and than hit order, after choosing the Provider, like posterxxl.de, photobox.de, etc. Instead of installing Software for every Provider and exporting the pictures using Daminon

Murat,

my mother is tagging the pictures with the colors now.

Is there a way to export the pictures multiple times?

e.g. I have 11 pictures in the color tag for "ordering 3 times", can I export every picture 3 times than? That creates more files and more traffic, but it is much easier just to upload every picture multiple times, than marking each picture within the Photo ordering Software.

So maybe Picture "Shanghai (100).cr2"

would become:

Shanghai 100 (1).jpg

Shanghai 100 (2).jpg

Shanghai 100 (3).jpg

Is this possible? Or please add this to the feature queue.

thanks rene