v727 Can Not "Locate in Explorer"

Mardon

Hello JustPhotos.ca,

maybe I'm wrong but do the files exist on disc? If not, you can't locate them. You get an error message in a pop up window.

I can't confirm a problem in version 727 regarding the the locate function neither with shared nor with local catalog.

Regards, uwe

Hello JustPhotos.ca,

maybe I'm wrong but do the files exist on disc? If not, you can't locate them. You get an error message in a pop up window.

I can't confirm a problem in version 727 regarding the the locate function neither with shared nor with local catalog.

Regards, uwe

uwe,

The files exist on the disc. I made the video in part to demonstrate that fact. If you watch the video, you will be able to see that the image opens fine in Photoshop via an "Open With" command issued from inside Daminion. The video also shows the file in Windows Explorer even though Daminion says it can't find it.

Mardon

Mardon, could you please try to open your local shared catalog by specifying "127.0.0.1" instead of the actual 192.168.... IP address? And check the issue again.

I did as you requested but it made no difference. Things still behave exactly as shown in the screen capture video referenced in my first post to this thread. :(

BTW, I now have three entries shown in the Open Dialog for my shared catalog. See:

http://www.justus.ca...alogListing.jpg

Since these all point to the same database, I am afraid to remove any of them. Is it OK to leave things like this?

I've been experimenting with build 731 to see if I could find any clues to this problem.

The local catalogs work fine. Local files can be located in Windows Explorer via the right-click command "Locate in Explorer". This does not work with my server based catalog.

As a test, I tried "Open With" and selected Adobe Bridge as the program to use. When I do this with the Server-based catalog Bridge opens the file located at:

...AppData>Roaming>Damiinion Software>Daminion>Temporary>Filename.xxx

When I do this with a local catalog, it opens the actual original file.

Hoping this might give some clue that will be of use.

"Locate in Explorer" feature doesn't work for local files in shared catalogs. But we'll fix for locally installed Daminion Server in the next program update.

Of course it will not works for local files if a shared catalog (and Daminion Server) and Daminion Client will be located on different computers.