716 - Mess with Orientation (F3, F4)

kalain

Hi,

F3 is shortcut for Rotate 90° CW

F4 is shortcut for Rotate 90° CCW,

In a thumbnail, If you do a F3 and F4, thumnail shouldn't change orientation but it does!!!

This is also quite hard to recover original thumnail orientation.

Also, try to do this is full view mode. There is some glitch orientation displays.

Well, absolutely not useable.

There is a big mess here with orientation. :-(

Hello kalain,

why should not change the thumbnail its orientation when you press F3 or F4?

If you press F3 and F4 successively, thumbnail should stay at same orientation.

By now, it's not the case.

Try also to do this in full view mode (successively F3 and F4).

This will give some strange orientation results.

Regards

I guess you have to wait a little (wait for the Please wait... window) with the F4. It's like the tags, like labels, if you change labels too quickly, it doesn't change correctly, you have to wait for the assigning window to get the correct ones.

I hope that this will change with the optimizations, because I'd like to fast label the images and then assign keyword tags according to them.

Regards,

mammut

I don't have any problem with the rotation neither in the Thumbnail nor in the Full screen view (test conditions: local and shared catalog, Win7 64bit German, core i7, 16GByte, server and client on the same PC). It works as expected with local and shared catalog.

But the image in the Preview Window doesn't change its orientation in any case.

Select an item in the Thumbnail Window and press F3 or F4. The thumbnail orientation changes but not in the Preview Window. Now select another item and press F3 or F4. Now the image in the Preview changes its orientation too. Also for further tests. But if you restart the client once more the effect happens again until you change from one item to another one.

Regards, Uwe

But the image in the Preview Window doesn't change its orientation in any case.

Select an item in the Thumbnail Window and press F3 or F4. The thumbnail orientation changes but not in the Preview Window. Now select another item and press F3 or F4. Now the image in the Preview changes its orientation too. Also for further tests. But if you restart the client once more the effect happens again until you change from one item to another one.

Thanks for the explanation! I've added this issue to the bug-tracking list.