Feature Request

deanable

Hey guys !!!

Imagine my horror when I messed up my categories by moving a branch in the keyword tree by mistake ...

I also had Auto Sync on so Daminion promptly started to update the files...

Can we have an option to turn on / off "Move Confirmation" in the catalog tags panel? And maybe a clear sync queue / rollback option? We are human and need Daminion to be forgiving of our mistakes...

mega_shok.gif

Dean

Do you mean a rollback function for the server and its clients or the standalone client?

Hi Uwe

I suppose for both. I would definitely like a "undo last tag assignment operation" feature. Or if we can sort record by record modification date, we can pin where things went wrong... I have mentioned this to Murat and it's planned for later versions...

D

Adding a Confirmation message can be added easily,

We can do it the same manner as with opening multiple files by external tools: you will be prompted to confirm launching an external application to open files if you selected more than 10 files.

So for example, if you trying to move more than 10 tags (including sub-tags) we might require to confirm the operation.

Implementing an option to Undo the last tag assignment operation is a time-consuming task but might consider to implement it in the future.

I haven't searched the forum to see if this has been addressed by another user, forgive me:

I noticed that Daminion disconnects from the server if one moves a node to another node that already contains a node with the same name... ?

There is no prompt that goes something like: You are moving tag "apples" to "fruit", "fruit" already contains a tag called "apples". Do you want to merge "apples" with existing "apples" in "fruit"...? Yes / No ?

I haven't searched the forum to see if this has been addressed by another user, forgive me:

I noticed that Daminion disconnects from the server if one moves a node to another node that already contains a node with the same name... ?

There is no prompt that goes something like: You are moving tag "apples" to "fruit", "fruit" already contains a tag called "apples". Do you want to merge "apples" with existing "apples" in "fruit"...? Yes / No ?

Thanks for the info, Dean! This issue was fixed for local catalogs but seems existed for shared catalogs.