3010, FR2.0 - change name of the person in the photo

Uwe

Hello,
The following initial situation:
1. thumbnail window -> select a photo -> full screen display
2. two persons, Name1 and Name2 are marked with a green bar and are processed by the FR.
3. I change the Name1 to Name3 in the green field
4. now I would have expected that in the People Tag of the Properties Window Name1 is replaced by Name2 - > unfortunately no change, the People Tag remains with Name1 and Name2 and have additionally Name3

Also, if I mark the originally assigned name in the green bar as "ignore", the square that marks the face disappears, but the entry in the People tag remains and is not deleted

Regards, Uwe

Edited by Uwe
add ignore

Hi Uwe, this is correct, People tag is a multi-value tag. Imagine a situation when a picture shows twins. Both twins are give the same name by FR, e.g.: John Smith. You open the picture in full screen and notice this, then proceed changing a name of one twin to James Smith. James Smith will be added to the People tag and will not substitute John Smith as it is assigned to another face in the picture. 

This is a rough depiction of a possible scenario. Remember that People tag can function independently from Face Recognition and therefore actions done via Face Recognition does not always affect the People tag (e.g face name is remove from the picture but people tag is not deleted)

Daria

34 minutes ago, Daria Kotilainen said:

Hi Uwe, this is correct, People tag is a multi-value tag. Imagine a situation when a picture shows twins. Both twins are give the same name by FR, e.g.: John Smith. You open the picture in full screen and notice this, then proceed changing a name of one twin to James Smith. James Smith will be added to the People tag and will not substitute John Smith as it is assigned to another face in the picture.

Hi Daria,

completely agree. But in this case there is no other Face detected by FR in the photo assigned to Name1

34 minutes ago, Daria Kotilainen said:

This is a rough depiction of a possible scenario. Remember that People tag can function independently from Face Recognition and therefore actions done via Face Recognition does not always affect the People tag (e.g face name is remove from the picture but people tag is not deleted)

Ok, but if I want to delete a People Tag that is not used anymore in the selected photo, I get a warning that the People tag is handled by FR... I can delete the tag, in the case above Name1. Do I get any inconsistencies in the database if I delete the tag Name1 manually?

Regards, Uwe