Development Request - Save Performance

Uwe

Hello,

the following status:
File1: Keywords: original, test
File2: Keywords: original
If I select File2 and do not change anything, I cannot save the file (button inactive) - which is correct.
If I select File1 and File2, the keyword "test" is displayed in light grey because it is not contained in all files. Then I remove the keyword "test" and save the change.
Why is File2 also saved in such cases - it was not changed after all? The result is an unnecessarily slow save process and thus an update of all selected files.

Regards, Uwe

Hello Daria,
you confirm my observation. I would therefore like to see a selective approach to the update, if only for performance reasons. The consequence of the current procedure is: if, for example, 100 photos are updated, but only two have been changed, this leads to the fact that, from the point of view of a photo book in which the 100 photos are used, 100 photos also have to be re-read, which can take a correspondingly long time.
I therefore hereby submit a development request to update only those files that have been changed.
regards, Uwe

• Uwe changed the title to Development Request - Save Performance