2693 - Duplicates - Similar Images

Uwe

Hello,
there are 143845 items in the database. Of these, 142355 are duplicates and 142563 are similar photos. Without a detailed analysis, I would like to claim that these numbers cannot be correct. What is a "similar photo"? What criteria must be met to be similar? The same question arises with "duplicates", except that here, in my view, each media format must be considered separately. A duplicate music file, criteria could be the ID3 metadata (artist, title, format, year of recording, composer), should be determined differently than duplicate word documents or photos. When is a photo duplicate? When it is also similar? Is a JPG photo that was also developed in RAW format similar or duplicate?
Questions about questions and a request for an answer.
Kind regards, Uwe  

Hello Daria,
that seems to be the cause, because when I update the thumbnails, both the duplicates and the similar photos decrease. But I can't update all the thumbnails just to make the numbers fit - what is the solution?
Regards, Uwe

Hello,

the update is running since two days. About half is achieved. I propose that the action "update thumbnail", when a certain number of items are to be updated, be implemented as a background process. At the moment, a client is totally blocked by this.

Regards, Uwe

Hello

after five days, I canceled the "update thumbnail" action. However, this only worked if I canceled the client using the task manager. The result:
Total number of items: 143866
Number of duplicates: 143543
Number of similar: 143607
What should I do with this, except the fact that the client was blocked for five days?

Regards, Uwe

Hello Uwe, 

We have fixed the issue that prompted the hashes to be read incorrectly, so after the installation of the new build this issue won't happen again. 

However, the only way to fix the already created duplicates will be to regenerate thumbnails. You can give it another try after the installation of the new build. 

Kind regards, 

Daria

Hi Daria,

thank you for the new build. I can't install the Face Recognition. .NET Error - Version 5.0.9 cannot be installed because a newer version of .net is already installed.

Regards, Uwe