EXIF capture time

deanable

Do you mean the current system date by current date / time?

Can you reproduce the issue on a few sample files?

I will record this process for your information on Monday when I get back to the office. I mean the EXIF field that the camera writes when the image is taken. Date/Time Digitised is overwritten when data is synced with the file. I suspect that the date/time modified value is written to the date/time digitised property in error during the sync process.

Daminion maps the Creation Datetime into the following metadata fields:

• XMP_Photoshop_DateCreated
  • IPTC_DateTimeCreated
  • EXIF_DateTimeOriginal
  • File_CreationTime

So once you'll change the Creation DateTime of an image it will be mapped into the above tags.

So I have uploaded a screen recording to FTP folder. Check it out. Note how the dates differ...

When I capture files from camera, we try to (if the EXIF date is present) include it in the filename as a safe gaurd against software that strips meta data on resizing.

I include a folder of images from this date. Maybe you can help me to see if there is an issue with Daminion of maybe on my side...

It's a bit complicated to watch your video, because it's so wide :) - 2732 px by width.

According to MWG specification, the document creation datetime is mapped to the below metadata fields (Daminion follows MWG specification):

• Exif DateTimeOriginal and SubSecTimeOriginal
  • IPTC DateCreated and TimeCreated
  • XMP (photoshop:DateCreated)

The images you sent me contain the only EXIF DateTime (or called "Exif ModifyDate" by ExifTool). According to MWG, EXIF DateTime must contain the Modification date of the digital image file.

The renaming utility you use treats the EXIF DateTime as Image Creation Datetime, that is wrong, but works in your case.

I don't know why your camera do not write the image Creation Datetime into EXIF Original Date?

As a workaround I can suggest you to copy EXIF:DateTime to EXIF:Original DateTime using ExifTool (you can locate it in the "MediaProcessorsImagesProcessor" folder).

You can use the ExifTool command line code below:

"с:Program FilesDaminion SoftwareDaminionMediaProcessorsImageProcessorexiftool.exe" "-DateTimeOriginalpause

"19 Portland" - is the folder with images you sent me.

• 7 months later...

Hi Murat,

you described the way to set DateTimeOriginal with the help of the exiftool. My problem is, that in the same directory I have files with DateTimeOriginal set and others where DateTimeOriginal is not set. Is it possible to use the exiftool for only those files where the value is not set?

Best regards,

Volker