Media format query [2014]

kalain

Hi,

In a catalog with Jpeg, Png, Mov and Mpeg-4 file, if I filter by 'Video' in Media Format, everything is ok.

I get 482 files. (mov and Mpeg-4). filter is:  Video (with sub-tags)

797074910_screencopy08-12-2019-20_18_27.jpg.25ad711517a43f3764888415e654f717.jpg

Now, if I exclude 'Video', I still get mov and mpeg-4 files because filter is only : Video (but without sub-tag!!)

1116714447_screencopy08-12-2019-20_19_03.jpg.495d9a32598a5f3651fe513e7a5c6af9.jpg

Query should be : Video (with sub-tags) or Video (with sub-tags) in order to return no video files ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kalain, 

Please exclude the tags themselves, i.e Mov +MPEG4. "Video" is a group tag here and the command to hide the tags is not applied to the Group tags. The behavior is confusing and I've registered the issue to either remove the option to Show\Hide file from under the right-click menu next to the group tags, or make it work properly

Kind regards, 

Daria

Hi,

It would be better to make it work properly rather than to remove this possibility.

In my case (which can be others users) I wanted to exclude all video formats (Mov, Mpeg 4, ...)

In other group tag, list can be a bit longer and it will be easier and faster to exclude all in one click.

Regards

Alain

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 1:26 PM, kalain said:

It would be better to make it work properly rather than to remove this possibility.

I agree with Alain. Makes perfectly sense to me.

As a workaround, you can assign a Color Label to all video formats (if you don't use color labels heavily yet). That way you can use the color instead of the media format in your queries.

Edited by WilfriedB
Added tip to use Color Labels

Hi Alain and Wilfried, 

I agree with you guys that it should work properly, and I've registered the issue like I said in my previous message. Hope the guys will fix it soon. It work in the same way for all group tags, unfortunately, and it is confusing and inconvenient

Unfortunately, I cannot give you a time frame on when it will be fixed, but I will inform you as soon as it is done

Kind regards, 

Daria