Sync Meta Data Frozen

deanable

Hi

I am evaluating the current beta in lieu of puchasing a 3-user license.

My executive producer asked me to put your software through the worst case scenario to test performace.

I have imported about 20% of my image library and made a change to a cateogry tag that updated quite a large number of records (60 000). The server logged all the metadata changes but encountered an error while doing the synchronisation (a file was offline). Now the sync process has been hanging for 24 hours.

post-395-0-75941100-1330068663_thumb.jpg

SBTW: autosync ROCKS !!! I can assign thousands of categories and the sync process runs through the night. In the morning I get to work and the metadata is synced back to the files!!! Beats manual sync (software like Lightroom) hands down.

I have tried the following to troublehsoot:

1. Stopping and restarting the Daminion server.
  2. Stopping and restarting the postgresql server
  3. Reinstalling the server software
  4. Switching auto-sync on and off
  5. Rebooting my computer and the machine with the server installation

Thanks for the updated installations.

This did not fix the issue.

I installed a fresh copy of the postgresql server.

I am keen to test performance with a large catalog and have been importing images the whole weekend and will continue doing so this week.

This is obviously a small bug in code that you can iron out with a couple of revisions. It is however keeping me from testing that is why I started from scratch with a new catalog.

I am going to import at least 500 000 records and start testing catalog performance. Import should take about 2 days to complete. Will keep you posted.

It is not working for me either with the Daminion Client. Murat, you can check with my catalog in DropBox and the image I referenced. I removed it from my catalog and added it in. Then I tried to assign it to a new category and then syncing ...

Juha, the Dropbox folder modified date is Feb 24, 2012. Could you please update it or please give me a temporary access to your computer via TeamViewer?

Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce the issue with a new Daminion 0.9.0.494 version.

• 2 weeks later...

There is still a bug in the Sync metadata feature.

The process hangs when it encouters more than one sync instruction for a file (I guess) There are duplicate records in the synchronise table in the NetCatalog database. The processed column is set to TRUE and records are not deleted from the table... If you manually delete these records, the process resumes only to encounter the same duplicate record issue.

I have cleared the synchronise table and will manually sync back data to test my theory...

What do you mean by hangs? Does the sync icon is an animated rotating image?

Dean, could you please check the issue with a new 503 build. I've emailed a link.

I will check with 503

By "hang" I mean the control still remains responsive the process itself stops. The animation keeps going but the numbers do not go down.