Speed: add files to shared catalog

Uwe

Hello,

System: Daminion server and client: current version 477

Windows 7 64bit German, 4GByte, 2*2,4GHz Intel Processor, 120GB SSD, 2TB internal disc

NAS: Certon Blueline 12TB

I want to add 125000 photos from the NAS (1Gbit network) to the shared catalog (only by reference). The Daminion server is running.

The current average speed is between 13 and 40 files/min. That means I have to wait 3 days to complete. Can you help me to increase the process? Which information do you need?

No component is at the limit (network, CPU, main storage).

Regards, Uwe

Hello Valery,

the size of the single file can be from 10KB to 60MB. The types are JPG, TIF, PSD, DNG (8bit and 16bit photos)

I want to import also panorama photos. There I expect a size of 500MB of a single PSD or TIF. The TIF or PSD photos can have layers.

Regards, Uwe

Hello,

I made the same as described in the forum artikel about installation 484 with Adobe Lightroom 3.6 64bit version. Independent on the disc (network directory, internal harddisc or SSD) the import of the 95 TIF photos without rendering of the 1:1 preview was finished after 20 seconds.

This should be the challange to come as close as possible to this result.

Regards, Uwe