Change from People Tag to Keywords

vongoesseln

I moved my photolibrary from my SSD drive to my NAS drive to allow for an easy access from all devices. I started working with the People Tags when i started working within Daminion, but my NAS or at least the Photo application (Photo Station) does not support the People Tags, therefore i want to switch all People Tags (400+) to Keywords.

But i don´t want to do this by hand, therefore i am looking for different workflows to automate this.

I started reading the ExifTool doku to find a cli string that would remove a People Tag and add a Keyword, but i did not succsseded so far.

Any ideas for tools, scripts or anything else?

Hello Guido,

look at the Daminion Mapping Rules documentation. There are the metadata tags Daminion writes for keywords.

An example of an ExifTool command can be:

-xmp-microsoft:lastkeywordIPTC

I use the ExifToolGUI to work with the ExifTool.

This copies all values of this Person tag to this Keyword tag. It overwrites the existing Keywords there.

Regards, Uwe

Hi Guido, Hi Uwe,

Just wanted to recommend another way (Uwe already mentioned it): you can export all your People tag to csv file via selecting all files > Export > Export to csv > Check People only. Then Import the same file back via File > Import > Import from csv and map People to Keywords. Though Uwe's suggestion with ExifTool is probably easier. :)

Kind regards,

Daria

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guido,

look at the Daminion Mapping Rules documentation. There are the metadata tags Daminion writes for keywords.

An example of an ExifTool command can be:

-xmp-microsoft:lastkeywordIPTC<xmp-iptcExt:PersonInImage

I use the ExifToolGUI to work with the ExifTool.

This copies all values of this Person tag to this Keyword tag. It overwrites the existing Keywords there.

Regards, Uwe

Hello Uwe,

thanks for your answer. I am now planning to use your recommended command as a batch for all of my picture directories and ofcourse i will start with some test files. As I know the ExifTool by name, but i have never worked with it, would you be so kind and give me the complete command string to execute. As I am interested in the CMD way of work i don´t want to use the GUI.

Will:

ExifTool.exe filename.jpg -xmp-microsoft:lastkeywordIPTC<xmp-iptcExt:PersonInImage

work?

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Guido