Edit data while traveling

fhahn

I have the Home Server version of Daminion. I am traveling this weekend and would like to edit my photos while I am gone.

I could try setting up a VPN to the home and edit photos that way but I am not wanting to spend the time getting that set up. I could also copy my files to a portable drive and connect that way but that also sounds like a lot of work to move 60,00 photos to a portable drive.

Is there a way to copy just the thumbnails so that I can get a preview and still edit my files while traveling?

Thanks.

Frank Hahn

Hi Frank

I have also my photos in a portable drive, but my thumbnails and the database are on my local drive. Check your configuration.

If/When you have your thumbnails and database on your local drive turn sync off and then you can update the tags. When you return plug on your portable drive and turn sync on.

Juha

Hi Frank

I have also my photos in a portable drive, but my thumbnails and the database are on my local drive. Check your configuration.

If/When you have your thumbnails and database on your local drive turn sync off and then you can update the tags. When you return plug on your portable drive and turn sync on.

Juha

Thanks for the hint. I will take a look at this when I am home tonight.

Frank Hahn

Thanks for the hint. I will take a look at this when I am home tonight.

Frank Hahn

I ended up setting up a VPN using my Asus router and the software built-in to Windows 7. I also forwarded a couple of ports (8082 and 8084 I believe) to the machine that Daminion server is installed on.

This worked well enough to get the things done that I needed.

Frank Hahn