Where is my jpeg ?

emef

Latest news of the front: with version 4.6, I can not add my new photos to the catalog, neither my raw (RAF files) nor my jpeg.

I uninstalled version 4.6 and reinstalled version 5.1535, and there I can add my raw, but again not my jpeg. This is starting to do a lot, and I'm not sure that this game will please me long :-(

Hi Emef,

Did you delete and recreate your catalog when you downgraded to 4.6? I don't know if the databases between 4 and 5 are compatible.

As a general comment if you are not ready accept some hick-ups, you should stick with the stable releases. The versions available through this forum are betas and are subject to bugs or other undesired effects.

-Juha

I did not delete my old catalog, I just tried to create a new (+/- 15000 photos). After waiting a while, "daminion" tells me an error and tells me that none of the 15000 photos could be imported (in 4.6). And the new catalog has remained empty. I do not have this problem with IMatch or Lightroom. I do not know if it's worth insisting: when it does not, it does not.

I did not delete my old catalog, I just tried to create a new (+/- 15000 photos). After waiting a while, "daminion" tells me an error and tells me that none of the 15000 photos could be imported (in 4.6). And the new catalog has remained empty. I do not have this problem with IMatch or Lightroom. I do not know if it's worth insisting: when it does not, it does not.

Hello emef

Can you please show me the screenshot of the error message when you trying to import photos? Let me please clarify some points: before installing v5.0, you used the version 4.6 and created a catalog with this version. Then you upgraded to 5.0 and reverted to 4.6. If so, you need to either create a new catalog, or use the automatic back-up file to revert to your previos catalog. Btw, if you are using Standalone free, you can import only 15000 files per one catalog.

Please see the file attached to this post. I'm showing you how Daminion 4.6 treats Raw+Jpeg files.

Best regards,

Daria

2016-11-23_145226.png

Hello Daria,

Some details: my first catalog "daminion" dates from 2013. Wanting to re-try the program, I downloaded and installed the latest version (5.1535) which recognized and opened my old ".dmc" but, alas, Without showing me my jpeg in addition to my raws. Obviously, this is a known (but unresolved) problem and so I uninstalled version 5 and re-installed 4.6. My catalog, this time, shows me my jpeg and my raw content originally in the old ".dmc", but the directories (+/- 500 photos) that have been included since version 5 appear more. I said to myself: "Ok, I will reimport the 500 photos that appeared with version 5, and I would have the display of my jpeg in addition to my raws." That no, "daminion" tries to import the directories containing the last photos, then tells me that there was an error and warned that the 500 photos selected could not be incorporated in the catalog. This catalog contains +/- 10000 photos, so we are far from the limit of 15000 even with the 500 that should be included. Sorry to have been so long.

Hello Daria,

Some details: my first catalog "daminion" dates from 2013. Wanting to re-try the program, I downloaded and installed the latest version (5.1535) which recognized and opened my old ".dmc" but, alas, Without showing me my jpeg in addition to my raws. Obviously, this is a known (but unresolved) problem and so I uninstalled version 5 and re-installed 4.6. My catalog, this time, shows me my jpeg and my raw content originally in the old ".dmc", but the directories (+/- 500 photos) that have been included since version 5 appear more. I said to myself: "Ok, I will reimport the 500 photos that appeared with version 5, and I would have the display of my jpeg in addition to my raws." That no, "daminion" tries to import the directories containing the last photos, then tells me that there was an error and warned that the 500 photos selected could not be incorporated in the catalog. This catalog contains +/- 10000 photos, so we are far from the limit of 15000 even with the 500 that should be included. Sorry to have been so long.

Here are two errors that I harvest with version 4.6: (Attached files)

post-1632-0-99902400-1479992686_thumb.jpg

post-1632-0-75218100-1479992709_thumb.jpg

Here are two errors that I harvest with version 4.6: (Attached files)

hi emef,

please restore a catalog not from the last backup. Use, for example, _backup042.dm~ or _backup043.dm~

I could reproduce your issue when restored from the last backup, in my case _backup046.dm~ With other backups there was no error messages.

2016-11-25_170344.png

best regards,

Daria