Catalog doesn't show ISO speed

Bobby362

Hi,

I have imported a few thousands photos, taken with a Nikon D50 camera, into Daminion 4.1 and 4.6. Unfortunately, the catalog doesn’t show any ISO speed for these photos. As we can see in the picture below, the ISO speed is recorded correctly in the “MakerNotes†section. I have imported many photos taken with other Nikon’s models without any problem.

Do you have a solution to correct this problem?

Thank you.

Bob

P.S. I am running Daminion under Windows 10 x64

Sorry the picture isn't attached in my fisrt post.

I have imported a few thousands photos, taken with a Nikon D50 camera, into Daminion 4.1 and 4.6. Unfortunately, the catalog doesn’t show any ISO speed for these photos. As we can see in the picture below, the ISO speed is recorded correctly in the “MakerNotes†section. I have imported many photos taken with other Nikon’s models without any problem.

Thank you.

Bob

post-3768-106059_thumb.jpg

Sorry the picture isn't attached in my fisrt post.

I have imported a few thousands photos, taken with a Nikon D50 camera, into Daminion 4.1 and 4.6. Unfortunately, the catalog doesn’t show any ISO speed for these photos. As we can see in the picture below, the ISO speed is recorded correctly in the “MakerNotes” section. I have imported many photos taken with other Nikon’s models without any problem.

Thank you.

Bob

Hello Bobby,

can you please send 1 or 2 pics for testing?

regards,

Daria

Hi Bob,

received your files, thank you. Daminion does not always read information stored in MakerNotes correctly(not for all camera models). The best way to display ISO speed is to rewrite it from MakerNotes to EXIF via ExifTool.

please use this command:

"-exif:iso

Then run the "Read tags from file" command for all modified files in Daminion.

Regards,

Daria

Hi Daria,

Thank you for the workaround. I made a test with Exiftool and everything is working fine, ISO is now recognized by Daminion. But ... the thing is that I have more than 3000 photos spread over more than 150 folders! It will be a big job.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate.

Bob

Hi Daria,

Thank you for the workaround. I made a test with Exiftool and everything is working fine, ISO is now recognized by Daminion. But ... the thing is that I have more than 3000 photos spread over more than 150 folders! It will be a big job.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate.

Bob

You can use Daminion's build-in Exiftool to execute one command on files stored in different folders.

-Right-click the thumbnail > Open with > Define external tool

-Click on Viewers > Add and enter the following path “C:\Program Files (x86)\Daminion Software\Daminion\MediaProcessors\ImageProcessor\exiftool.exe” without quotes in the “File Name” entry box.

11.png

-in the following window enter program name and the command and click OK

12.png

-The command will be a added to the "Open with" list

You can then select all photos taken with a Nikon D50 camera, execute this command and read tags from files. Please try to execute the command on a few files first.

Best regards,

Daria

Hello,

just an additional information: please don't select all file at once. Do it step by step. I select not more than 90 items at once (16GB RAM, W10-64bit).

Some days ago I've selected about 900 files to adjust metadata by the ExifTool and got an exception created by the ExifTool (not by Daminion). There seems to be a problem in the ExifTool with the memory management. I had to restart Windows to continue.

Regards, Uwe