Color Profile Issue

daniel-ina

What you see in Daminion, is the embedded jpg preview image (quite dark in this case). In a raw converter you see the actual raw file with some settings/default profile automatically or manually applied (exposure +1.55 etc. in this case). Nothing wrong here.

• Upvote 1

What you see in Daminion, is the embedded jpg preview image (quite dark in this case). In a raw converter you see the actual raw file with some settings/default profile automatically or manually applied (exposure +1.55 etc. in this case). Nothing wrong here.

Thanks. Is there a way that I can update the jpg preview? We have lots of users on our system and they will write off photos by what they see without necessarily understanding how a raw file works...

Thanks again!

Well, there is a way, ExifTool can do this (for CR2 even ExifToolGUI), but I imagine it would be quite a task doing this on a large collection of images, without funny mistakes etc.

(I only have a couple of Canon's raw files with (obviously) changed preview images for testing purposes - so I can, for instance, easily see, what a random program is actually displaying.)

• Upvote 1

You need a RAW Converter (LR, Capture One, Nikon Capture NX, RAW Therapee, etc...) that can render your RAW images and embedded the resuled rendered image as a JPEG preview into the RAW image. There is also free DNG Converter from Adobe that can convert all your RAW images to DNG RAW format in batch and update their JPEG previews.