help to make search criteria

SergeS

First way: 'Catalog Tags' window (select with mouse)

Select folders "contain 2014 in the name" in Folder Tag with CTRL+Click (green dots)

Select keyword "bla-bla-bla" in Keywords Tag with ALT+Click (red dot)

Second way: Advanced Search

Click 'Advanced' search button and compose query like this

post-2014-0-39990400-1436799821_thumb.jpg

PS. You can combine this ways. For example, select folder and keyword tag, press 'Advanced' and fix query in Search window.

• Upvote 1

First way: 'Catalog Tags' window (select with mouse)

Select folders "contain 2014 in the name" in Folder Tag with CTRL+Click (green dots)

Select keyword "bla-bla-bla" in Keywords Tag with ALT+Click (red dot)

No good, I need to select multiple folders "containing 2014 in the name", i do not even now how many... I do not want to do it manually over hundreds/thousands of folders...

Second way: Advanced Search

Click 'Advanced' search button and compose query like this

post-2014-0-39990400-1436799821_thumb.jpg

Also not working, in my Daminion 1255 I do not have selection "not equals" for keywords, like on your screenshot. What version of Daminion you are using? Will try version 1257, may be this is the key.

p.s. Have tried 1257, still no "not equals" selection for keywords in advanced search...How did you make it?

Screenshot:D_AdvSearch.png

No good, I need to select multiple folders "containing 2014 in the name", i do not even now how many... I do not want to do it manually over hundreds/thousands of folders...

Yes, in this case you not need do it manually over thousands of folders. You can select only one folder and use result query as a template. Or use advanced search directly without that template.

Also not working, in my Daminion 1255 I do not have selection "not equals" for keywords, like on your screenshot. What version of Daminion you are using? Will try version 1257, may be this is the key.

p.s. Have tried 1257, still no "not equals" selection for keywords in advanced search...How did you make it?

Ok. This is historical bug/feature. Earlier the query planner used 'left join' for search on many-to-many relationships. And "not equal" query does not given the correct results. Is why such queries were rejected at the level of user interface.

Now query planner treat this situation more correctly. But restrictions remain on UI level.

You can bypass them. Select keyword "bla-bla-bla" in Keywords Tag with ALT+Click (red dot). Or click right mouse button and select 'Hide files with Bla-bla-bla'. Then you can use this query as a template for advanced search and get the desired result.

post-2014-0-40272900-1436910240_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

Yes, in this case you not need do it manually over thousands of folders. You can select only one folder and use result query as a template. Or use advanced search directly without that template.

Ok. This is historical bug/feature. Earlier the query planner used 'left join' for search on many-to-many relationships. And "not equal" query does not given the correct results. Is why such queries were rejected at the level of user interface.

Now query planner treat this situation more correctly. But restrictions remain on UI level.

You can bypass them. Select keyword "bla-bla-bla" in Keywords Tag with ALT+Click (red dot). Or click right mouse button and select 'Hide files with Bla-bla-bla'. Then you can use this query as a template for advanced search and get the desired result.

post-2014-0-40272900-1436910240_thumb.png

Ok, thank you for detailed explanation, it works. And i have learned some new tricks ;-)

• 3 months later...

Hello,

the ALT-click doesn't work in any case.

I've defined my own tags for the file extension of the unknown Media Formats in the Keywords.

Daminion_1280_unknown_formats_keyword_tags.jpg

I've selected the Tag Media Format "Other" in the Catalog Panel. Now I want to exclude GPX and RAR from the selection by ALT-click. This doesn't work. The selection of the Tag Media Format "Other" gets lost in the moment I select a Keyword Tag by ALT-click. Also the combination of Keyword Tags by ALT-click doesn't work.

There is no problem - also using a combination of tags - if I use the right click menu function: "Hide files with..." for each Keyword Tag.

You get a video by Skype.

Regards, Uwe