Search conditions with negation

SergeS

What are my options to perform search by conditions with negation?

For example I would like to find all pictures with "animals" keyword, but without keyword "dogs".

I have find out I can use "alt" button with mouse on "catalog tags" panel which mark the condition with red dot and add corresponding criteria in search query. But this is kind of tricky, if accidentally i make wrong click - all my selection is gone...

Can I do it in "Advanced search" panel? I can not find the negation for keywords there...

• Upvote 1

You can exclude a keyword from your searches only via the left panel.

There is an option to lock selected tag in the search bar in the upcoming Daminion 4.0 beta version:

post-1-0-63567400-1431080722_thumb.jpg

Ok, thank you for always meaningfull answers.

Are there any capability to search by number of kewwords? For example, if i would like to find all photos with less keywords than two, or with no keywords at all?

Are there any capability to search by number of kewwords? For example, if i would like to find all photos with less keywords than two, or with no keywords at all?

It possible to find all images without keywords (or any other tags). Just check the "Keywords > Unassigned" tag in the tag tree.

You can even find images without Places, Keywords, Categories, People. And save it as a Saved Search and named it as "File without Tags" or like this.

Unfortunately it's not possible now to find all files with a certain number of tags. To be honest we didn't receive any requests about this feature.

It possible to find all images without keywords (or any other tags). Just check the "Keywords > Unassigned" tag in the tag tree.

You can even find images without Places, Keywords, Categories, People. And save it as a Saved Search and named it as "File without Tags" or like this.

Unfortunately it's not possible now to find all files with a certain number of tags. To be honest we didn't receive any requests about this feature.

;-) ok, thank you...

i knew, i always want strange things.

Actually, i am assigning just few keywords immediatelly when copying photos to my storage from the camera. But later, may be once in a few months, i am doing "detailed" keywording for all pictures for passed time. So, my concern is how to find all photos without "detailed" keywording... The difference is the number of keywords, at first stage this number is 3-4, not more, but after detailed keywording the number of tags is usually more than 10. I am not really very expirienced "librarian", i am just learning, so my workflow is kind of not finalised yet. I believe the ability to search by number of keywords may be useful, i would be very appreciated if you will add this feature.

Hello SergeS,

I suggest to assign a "temporary keyword" to all items that are still in progress e.g. the keyword: "to do" or "not ready" etc.

At the moment the "temporary keyword" should be assigned to all items.

And in the future you decide that the item has all keywords that you wanted to assign then remove the "temporary keyword".

The other option is to use other Tags. All items can be assignd to a temporary Collection tag, can have a Red color, can be assigned to a temporary Project tag etc.

Regards, Uwe

Hello SergeS,

I suggest to assign a "temporary keyword" to all items that are still in progress e.g. the keyword: "to do" or "not ready" etc.

At the moment the "temporary keyword" should be assigned to all items.

And in the future you decide that the item has all keywords that you wanted to assign then remove the "temporary keyword".

The other option is to use other Tags. All items can be assignd to a temporary Collection tag, can have a Red color, can be assigned to a temporary Project tag etc.

Regards, Uwe

Ok, thank you, Uwe, good solution, will try. But will not help to find photos which already there.

We could think about number of keywords as about level of detailing (in first approach), as more tags as better detalization. From this point of view would be nice to have capability to search by number of tags independently from your workflow.

Hello SergeS,

some time ago I had a discussion with Murat about the option to sort the tags by numbers.

Maybe this can be a step to close a gap.

Regards, Uwe

What do you mean by "sort the tags by numbers"? How many times each tag has been used, popularity of the tags? May be you are right, but It is not what i am asking about...

I am asking something like sorting (or search) the pictures by the number of tags.