Feature Request: BUTTON for Optimize

Russell

Hi Murat,

I'm afraid to click the "Optimize" option in the menu to confirm this... but it seems to come up with an "Optimize" window and immediately start Optimizing... without letting me confirm that I want to.

In the case where it takes multiple hours for this to occur - I sure wish it would have let me decide.

Thanks,

Russell

Just to be sure I was right.... I clicked the button again (last time I clicked Cancel and it took more than an hour to Cancel)...

This time, I let it run... it's run for nearly 24 hours now... Down to the "Delete temporary table" step which seems to be taking an eternity... Not sure if I should Cancel or wait... but I just can't wait anymore... Might have to End Task.

:mda:

Thanks,

Russell

I can confirm that clicking Optimize starts the process. It would be nice if you had a chance to back out of the process.

When I have run the process, it has only taken maybe 20-30 minutes at best to complete. The computer that I am using is no speed demon and is a system that I built at least 5 years or more ago.

Not that it should make a difference, but my database has approximately 45,000 photos, documents, etc.

Frank Hahn