Updating camera model

lintujuh

I updated "readonly" tags in some of my images where some of the EXIF information had been deleted. I used exiftools and the read tags from file in Daminion. The camera make/model where not updated under the corresponding manufacturer but directly to the top level. (not "Canon/Canon EOS 600D", but just "Canon EOS 600D"). This is a similar situation as I reported on keywords.

-Juha

I also have a problem with the "camera model" tag:

the picture says it best: the total number of 32731 pictures doesn't fit to the sum of each camera...

post-1878-0-22206700-1417195051_thumb.jpg

under camera model only 7 picture are reported to be from the "EOS 350D". But using the details list (F11) and sort by this camera, there are 60 pictures.

Is this related to this bug: https://daminion.net/user-forum/index.php?/topic/2187-raw-files-without-preview-image/

Cheers

Wolf

I also have a problem with the "camera model" tag:

the picture says it best: the total number of 32731 pictures doesn't fit to the sum of each camera...

post-1878-0-22206700-1417195051_thumb.jpg

under camera model only 7 picture are reported to be from the "EOS 350D". But using the details list (F11) and sort by this camera, there are 60 pictures.

Is this related to this bug: https://daminion.net/user-forum/index.php?/topic/2187-raw-files-without-preview-image/

Cheers

Wolf

Obviously it's sufficient when rereading the metadata from all files...

• 1 year later...

I'd like to be able to edit some of the "Read-Only" tags... specifically the camera make/model.

I create panoramic images and the Camera ends up being "Unknown" in the resulting panoramic - but I usually know the actual camera that took the images that comprise the panorama and I'd like to save that into the Metadata.

Is there a way Daminion can allow me to do this? (Maybe a special "I know what I'm doing" button before I can do it?).

Thanks,

Russell

Hi Russell,

you can't do it with Daminion but the ExifTool does it. You can define a commandline for the ExifTool in the "Open with..." action.

I also use the ExifToolGUI to adjust sometimes some metadata. Then "read tags from file" should update the catalog.

Regards, Uwe