Running on a tablet

exterminador

Hi,

I'm running Daminion's client also on an HP Slate 500 connected to a server's catalog and wanted to share some thoughts (requests mostly :)):

- This is a "pretty pretty please" request for a feature: When in full screen view, use right and left touch gestures to view previous/next picture. I'm not sure why, if it is that hard to implement, but I haven't found a single Windows picture viewer that supports gestures for passing pictures in full screen.

- Option to increase height of items in the "Catalog Tags" panel, that way it will be more touch friendly.

- To open a picture in full screen, with a mouse it needs a double click, with the touchscreen it seems it needs a tripple tap for the picture to open in full screen mode (to close the full screen mode a double click is working fine)

- When double clicking on a video file, it shows a window "Downloading from server", as I use network shares, I would expect the file to open from there and not to have to wait for it to download (actually, I didn't wait and closed the downloading window). (I wasn't able to open a video file when running Daminion's client from inside the server using remote desktop)

- Option for a full screen window, on a small screen like a tablet's one, space used by the title bar, menu and taskbar is valuable, I can imagine a button above the "Show/Hide Thumbnail Captions" one for this purpose :)

- Full screen view doesn't adjust when rotating the tablet between portrait and landscape.

- When in Film Strip view, touch gestures doesn't work for sliding between pictures, it is working for selecting pictures instead.

- When showing thumbnail captions and using touch gestures to slide, it seems it only slides row per row.

Again, browsing performance is great here!

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

- When double clicking on a video file, it shows a window "Downloading from server", as I use network shares, I would expect the file to open from there and not to have to wait for it to download (actually, I didn't wait and closed the downloading window). (I wasn't able to open a video file when running Daminion's client from inside the server using remote desktop)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and info about HP Slate 500! While other features are specific to tablets like HP Slate 500, this feature has high priority in our bug/feature list.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and info about HP Slate 500! While other features are specific to tablets like HP Slate 500, this feature has high priority in our bug/feature list.

Thanks Murat, I agree, this features are specific for tablets, but with Windows 8 comming up next year (I currently run the Windows 8 Developer Preview on the HP Slate 500) and new tablets on its way, this features will make Daminion a great product for accesing media files (I won't hold my breath on waiting for Daminion's performance for managing thousands of files with the embedded Windows apps), a whole new market :dance4:

• 2 weeks later...

- Full screen view doesn't adjust when rotating the tablet between portrait and landscape.

I was wondering if this one is easy to fix...

I did some more testing and it seems Daminion reads (and holds) screen resolution at startup, so when resolution changes (screen rotated) it doesn't update it and that's why the full screen view shows up with the initial window size. Same seems to happen if you change resolution after starting Daminion up.

- This is a "pretty pretty please" request for a feature: When in full screen view, use right and left touch gestures to view previous/next picture. I'm not sure why, if it is that hard to implement, but I haven't found a single Windows picture viewer that supports gestures for passing pictures in full screen.

On this one, would it be possible to add a way to move to the next picture when in full screen view by using the mouse? The single left click action shows the magnified view so I'm thinking maybe back/forward buttons on the top bar? Or way better, an option to choose the single right click action between "magnifier" and "show next picture" :yes3:

Thanks!

• 2 years later...