[1021] - Bug Report

rene

Hey Murat,

got another bug.

Somehow Daminion managed to create multiple Versions of my Name like Rene, RenÄ@ insteadt of René.

When trying to merge them the files are moved to the correct one, but the wrong ones stay there and this error appears: post-1019-0-99794800-1401872369_thumb.png

regards René

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2014 at 9:31 PM, Murat Korkmazov said:

Fixed.

Which part of the question is fixed, Murat? I never saw the SQL error, but I also have the problem with keywords containg German umlauts (ä ö ü ...) that they are imported correctly in the majority, but in some cases, the umlauts are replaced by other characters.

DaminionCatalog2014.dmc - Daminion 3.3 (1027) 14.06.2014 084333.jpg

Fixed the bug that led to the error message and inability to merge tags.

The issue with "wrong" characters might came from old Daminion versions (when "Compatibility with Old Program" option was checked on) and if you can reproduce this issue again please tell me how to reproduce it and we'll check it again.

The issue with "wrong" characters might came from old Daminion versions (when "Compatibility with Old Program" option was checked on) and if you can reproduce this issue again please tell me how to reproduce it and we'll check it again.

Old Daminion versions is very unlikely in my case, since I started with Build 994. Older versions of other programs (ImageIngester Pro, MS Expression Media 2, GeoSetter, Picasa 3.9 ) cannot be excluded, however.

However, I did notice it also with the example I sent you (140609_9904_WBL_A55 for the Categories tag not written to file), which was a very recent picture. In that case, I added the Keyword "König Friedrich I." within Daminion to test, if that was written to file. So, different from the Categories tag, the Keyword tag was written to the file and I could see it in GeoSetter.

As a next step, I added the missing Categories tag in GeoSetter and performed a Read Tags from File again. After that, I ended up with two Keywords: "König Friedrich I." and "König Friedrich I.".

To be honest, I am not quite sure, whether GeoSetter or Daminion (with the example mentioned, I used only those) messed it up and decided to investigate further before reporting it. But since you mention now "Compatibility with Old Program", that might be another option to look into.

GeoSetter is set to use "Latin I (ANSI)" for IPTC Character Coding, which worked fine so far, to exchange with Expression Media. Some of the Metadata are set by ImageIngester and I did not notice any problems with national characters so far.