Multiple catalogs with one server licence?

daniel-ina

As mentioned in another recent post, I'm trying to get stock assets into Daminion. It's proving to be a little confusing for our staff having so many more fields visible.

I asked out IT manager if it was possible to have another distinct catalog on the server. He can't seem to work out how to do it.

Is it possible? If so, how is it done?

Thanks!

Hello,

it is not possible today. That's what I wanted to have from the very beginning. But I changed my opinion.

My point of view to have everything in one catalog:

+ maintenance

+ backup

+ no need to decide: where does a file belongs to

+ ...

- performance

- load balancing

- no UI customizing depending on mediaformat

I would like to have a function to create "Views" to customize the UI. E.g. a "ImageView" has different settings compared to an "AudioView". The "Project_01_View" is different from the "Project_02_View" etc.

Having such Views I can switch from one UI to another one without to change the catalog.

Regards, Uwe

As Uwe said it's not possible in the current Daminion version.

If you need to make visible certain files for certain users you can use the Access Control feature: Daminion Administrator can assign selected items to private visibility area of a certain user or a group of users.

However all users will see all tags.

As Uwe said it's not possible in the current Daminion version.

If you need to make visible certain files for certain users you can use the Access Control feature: Daminion Administrator can assign selected items to private visibility area of a certain user or a group of users.

However all users will see all tags.

Sure thing. What's the feasibility of it being put on the roadmap?

Major time-consuming features can be included into our roadmap based on the number of user votes that we track manually (from email, phone or forum requests). Minor features that can be added quickly are registered in our issue tracking list (we use it for both feature and bug tracking)