[1005] improvment of the chick in function

rene

Hey Community,

I just had another feature suggestion.

When I want to edit an image with e.g. photomatix I check the file out and continue processing. Now when the final image has been created, I can only check back in the exported files but not the created files.

It would be awesome, if Daminion would allow me to check in the newly created files and move them to a folder of my choice and by doing that creating a link between the images like we discussed in the other post about hdr and panoramic picture relations.

By doing the link, Daminion could also assign all the tags assigned to the original images, and ask me if something needs to be replaced, e.g. the collection from "regular shots" to "fake hdr".

regards

René!

It would be awesome, if Daminion would allow me to check in the newly created files and move them to a folder of my choice and by doing that creating a link between the images like we discussed in the other post about hdr and panoramic picture relations.

Hi Rene,

how can Daminion know the files that should to be checked in?

In the moment of check out Daminion doesn't have any control about the activities made by other programs. It doesn't how many new files has been created based on the original one.

Why not doing an import (if you don't want to add all new files to the catalog) or a rescan folders?

E.g. I check out a RAW file, even it doesn't make sense because the RAW will never be changed, and I save the new file as TIF, PSD, JPG etc. Then I add the new files to the catalog using the already existing options. I see the last imported items in the Thumbnail Window and can assign them to new tags. The other tags are already there from the original file.

E.g. for panoramas: I export the RAW file to a work folder on the fastest drive (SSD), sometimes as RAW, sometimes as TIF. Then I create the panorama and move the final panorama file back to the folder of the source files. The "Rescan folders" imports the panorama in the catalog (if useful for you, you can use the Auto Rescan function to import the new files etc.). AND: I adjust the Creation DateTime of the panorama (+1sec to the time of the last source file for the panorama) to see the files in the right order. When the "Stack function" will be available I hope to see only the panorama and the source files are in the background.

Regards, Uwe