Feature request - creating ebooks

rene

Hey folks,

well I bet some of you will counter not needed.

I would like the ability to pulish ebooks from my photos into the pdf format directly out of daminon.

I tried it in Adobe Lightroom and it kinda works good, but there a too less functionalities.

I imagine, Daminion could assign all photos embeded into those pdfs into a custom subtag of ebooks:

for example:

I just created one ebook by exporting all images and loading them into powerpoint. and than publish them as pdf. Daminion could handle this and in the end assign those pictures automatically to

Custom->eBooks->Photobooks->American Oldtimers on Cuba

thanks!

I would do it as:

1) Create a collection eBooks> Photobooks > American Oldtimers on Cuba

2) Find images in Category "American Oldtimers" and where location is "Cuba"

3) Select images you want to publish in your eBook and assign them to the collection

[4) Sort the images manually (available in Daminion 3.1 or 3.2)]

5) Item > Export > Export to PDF ...

I learned about collections from the Knowledge Base (https://daminion.net/user-forum/index.php?/topic/1165-tagscollections/).

-Juha

You don't have that information in any of the tags? You can include up to 3 Daminion tags into your PDF.

IMO the current support is at quite reasonable level. If someone wants more, then I feel it's a place for dedicated software. The features you could want in a photobook software are almost endless: background texture, image frames, rotation, free text, size and position on page etc.