[975] feature request - custom tag improvement

rene

Hey guys,

got a little feature improvment suggestion.

I would like to be able to see all assigned files to a custom tag.

instead of the unassigned tag, it would be great to see all files attached to this custom tag.

take the picture below:

I would like to mark a button and see all files assigned to thistag, weather it is subcategory or not

post-1019-0-86406500-1393795420_thumb.png

did I made clear what i mean?

thanks René!

Hi Rene,

I understand your request.

The more common request would be: you want to have the total number of items that are assigned to all tags of this "chapter or section" in the "chapter or section" bar.

E.g.: Tags bar "Keyword"=1000; there are the tags: vehicle=600; bicycle=300; moped=100; the unassigned are not relevant in this case.

My point of view: this doesn't make sense.

Regards, Uwe

You can hold down the alt key and you can see how many tags are assigned at the unassigned tag. But a simple number in the header wouldn't hurt. I'm sure there is sense with some custom tags. And visually a better solution.

Similar: sometimes I would like to see how many other tags assigned to the images in a filter, but it's just too much time to press the "click here to display union..." link, and it doesn't say which tag assigned to which images, anyway, it's just an union as the link says. (I think maybe there could be image grouping (by tags or other properties) in the thumbnail view or something, it would be some kind of solution.)

The similar thing is: I can set AND and hold down the ctrl key and scroll up and down to see the tags, but I think it's not the best thing visually.

(I think maybe there could be image grouping (by tags or other properties) in the thumbnail view or something, it would be some kind of solution.)

Hi Mammut,

I think this is already possible for static groups: you can select all items that belong to the different tags using the Advanced Search and this can be saved in the section: "Saved Searches". Going this way you get all items in the Thumbnail Window that are assigned to this Search and the combination of tags that are assigned to this Search. But - it's a static assignment.

Regards, Uwe

Hi Mammut,

I think this is already possible for static groups: you can select all items that belong to the different tags using the Advanced Search and this can be saved in the section: "Saved Searches". Going this way you get all items in the Thumbnail Window that are assigned to this Search and the combination of tags that are assigned to this Search. But - it's a static assignment.

Regards, Uwe

Hi Uwe,

well, it's not the same.

I mean thumbnail groups: "there are customizable headers in the thumbnail view, which I can open and close, and show the number of items, ect., and the thumbnails are shown in a more organized way overall". I'm sure you saw such groups, there are view groups in Windows Explorer, too.

I have thousands of tags, I can't save every combinations, it's totally impossible.

Anyway, I had hundreds of saved searches already, it was just a long, unusable list without more organizing option. :( I tired of it and deleted all of them a few weeks ago. I can rebuild the filter faster than find the correct saved search in that list.

By the way, I think the static way is not a solution in a dam, we need more dynamic options. It can solve temporarily some small problems, true, but in the long run it just ties your hands.

Regards,

mammut