946 - Open with... Photoshop multiple files

Uwe

Hello,

I've selected multiple items in the Thumbnail View (e.g. 3 DNG images) and want to open them with Photoshop. I use the "open with..." and expected to get them open in Photoshop one by one.

Sometimes it works and they are in Photoshop sometimes it doesn't work, only one item is opened in Photoshop.

There are some other background activities running but they don't stress neither the RAM nor the CPU to the 100% level.

Does anybody make the same experience?

Regards, Uwe

• 2 months later...

Hello.

this problem is still there in 995 and I don't know the reason. Is it Win7, Daminion or Photoshop?

Daminion user please:

Select some items in the Thumbnail View (e.g. 10 PSD or RAW) and press "V" or right click->Open with...->Photoshop. Please check if all selected files are opened in Photoshop. Please repeat this action.

On my system (Win7, 64bit, German, all files on a Certon NAS 12TB RAID6, GBit LAN) I get different results. Sometimes all 10 files are opened in PS sometime only 5-6 files. Sometimes it's different if PS was already started or if it was started by the Daminion command etc.

Regards, Uwe

Hello,

just tested again with 8 JPG files (130-300KB each) and build 997. The first time PS opens and all files are in PS. Then I closed all files in PS but didn't exit PS. Then I made (open with...) again in Daminion and now only 4 JPG are opened in PS.

I have a video recorded the process. I'll send it to you by email (10MB).

Regards, Uwe

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I found an article in the Geman magazine "DOCMA" No. 58, page 64 (sorry - German only). There they describe problems to transfer photos from LR to PS. The reason is the installed PS plug-in "Nik Seletive Tool". They recommend to deactivate the "Nik Selective Tool" until Adobe and Google found a solution.

I'll try to check it with Daminion.

Regards, Uwe