Manual Arrangement that is remembered

Picturina

Hello,

I am seriously considering Daminion for a publishing and artistry work group. The first project on the table is the illustration of a book. Part of that process includes rearranging images to create a rough storyboard.

This is not sorting by date, or any criteria, but the manual arranging of images and supportive files. Is this capability already included? I cannot find any mention of it.

Thank you,

Diane

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay with answer, we didn't decided what way to follow with manual sorting so I couldn't answer early. But now I can say that manual sorting will be possible for collections. But it will works only if one collection tag be selected and it will be optional sorting feature.

I hope to see this feature in 3.1 or 3.2 version.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Murat,

I didn't quite understand your answer. Do you mean that the manual sorting will be effective for one collection at a time (if an image belongs to multiple collections) or that it is possible only if an image belongs to only one collection?

I didn't quite understand your answer. Do you mean that the manual sorting will be effective for one collection at a time (if an image belongs to multiple collections) or that it is possible only if an image belongs to only one collection?

You can save your manual sorting only if:

- One collection (without sub-tags) will be selected (or one collection with sub-tags but without displaying sub-tags)

- Manual Sorting option is selected in the Sort By option.

This feature is already implemented, and will be available in the Daminion 3.1 beta version right after releasing the Daminion 3.0 version.

You can save your manual sorting only if:

- One collection (without sub-tags) will be selected (or one collection with sub-tags but without displaying sub-tags)

- Manual Sorting option is selected in the Sort By option.

This feature is already implemented, and will be available in the Daminion 3.1 beta version right after releasing the Daminion 3.0 version.

This is really great news. I think it's a huge step forward. Is there any chance of translating Bridge sorts into these manual sort orders? Bridge sort is just metadata for the folder of Images. Maybe that could have a one-time translation into a durable sort order for the collection? All our image data is already logically filed and pre-sorted in Bridge. Now we need to get cracking with metadata and our project--so pulling in the sort orders would be a huge plus.