Controlled Vocabulary the Daminion Community way

rene

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider helping by submitting a small part like one category?

• Yes absolutly
    • maybe
    • Noway, go away

Hey community,

it would be nice to have our own community version of controlled vocabulary. I saw this Controlled Vocabulary and noticed that Daminion is missing.

So I thought be could do it ourselfes the community way, everybody makes one category etc. and daminion can that automatically update it.

I don't have the time right now, but if I had I would have done this myself in english and than sold it over my website and gave Murat some free codes in order to the most active community members to get it for free or for less.

Hi,

As I know, they will create a Daminion version when the feature will be available in the program.

But it's a simple text file (at least the Adobe one), so it needs only a reformat. In fact, maybe don't need a reformat at all, it's a simple tabbed list, Daminion also exports and imports tags in that way now. The Group names are in [], the synonyms are in {}, so the usual things, Daminion can read them without a problem.

But it'd be a great idea to create our own vocabulary, or to expand this one, I bought it last year and there are a lot of missing things in different areas. But I'd do it only for free, it will never be so complete that i'd sell it with clear conscience. Okay, i'm not a good businessman, that's a fact.

mammut

Hello,

just a question: the CV we are talking about here is in English. What should happens with the other languages? I'm not a professional user and doen't make business with my photos, books etc and even if it is not a problem with the English CV I would like to work in German.

Do the professionals have to use English keywords (CV) even if they work and live in a "Non-English" speaking country?

For the German CV there is the "Schlagwortdatei" for the EU there is the IATE. See: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kontrolliertes_Vokabular

My conclusion: One can buy the English CV and, if supported by controlledvocabulary.com, import it in Daminion.

Regards, Uwe

Hello,

just a question: the CV we are talking about here is in English. What should happens with the other languages? I'm not a professional user and doen't make business with my photos, books etc and even if it is not a problem with the English CV I would like to work in German.

Do the professionals have to use English keywords (CV) even if they work and live in a "Non-English" speaking country?

For the German CV there is the "Schlagwortdatei" for the EU there is the IATE. See: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kontrolliertes_Vokabular

My conclusion: One can buy the English CV and, if supported by controlledvocabulary.com, import it in Daminion.

Regards, Uwe

I saw a lot of german tags with sport images from press sources, but there were always the english keywords as well. By the way, I'm working on a Hungarian vocabulary, but I'm waiting for synonyms to really start the work. But it's a hobby for me, too.