Question over tag association during import

exterminador

Hi all,

I've noticed that when importing a picture with existing tags to Daminion it creates a new tag when the existing one is on a second hierachical level, for example:

Metadata (People) in picture: Mom

Before importing:

People tags in Daminion:

Family

|-----> Mom

After importing:

People tags in Daminion:

Family

|-----> Mom

Mom <<<<Picture gets assigned to this new tag

I'm wondering if it would make sense to assign Family -> Mom in the first place, because each time this happens I have to change tags for those files manually.

Certainly "Mom" is not the same as "Family -> Mom" and that's why Daminion interpret it as a new tag, but I wonder if any of you guys have had this situation?

Thanks!

Certainly "Mom" is not the same as "Family -> Mom" and that's why Daminion interpret it as a new tag, but I wonder if any of you guys have had this situation?

A strict import rule allows to avoid a confuse like importing a photo with "Wife" tag to the "MyBestFriend -> Wife" tag in the Daminion :)

This is a problem with every image where there are already existing flat keywords.

I still have thousands and thousands of those old images, so I have thousands and thousands single keyword when I import them. It's a nightmare to clean up that many flat keywords. It's very slow process, especially I always have to wait for new tag assignments (someone already requested that it could be a background task), and Daminion always asks that I want to merge 2 keywords (there could be an option to never ask again, always do it).

And if you don't import all of such present (and future) files at the same time (of course, it's impossible, too many files, and you don't have all such files at once), you have to deal with the same old flat keywords every time. I always catch myself working for days on the same flat keywords, which i already put in the correct hierarchy months ago, I hate it!

That's why I requested scripts about half a year ago, could be very handy in such situations. It could be save a lot of time for me (not just days, weeks of work), but unfortunatelly not too many people supported my idea.