Rescanning folders drops tags

smstaff

Running 875 but problem occurred on 833 as well. We put some new pictures into the folders and scanned the folders to pick them up. I can go tag these pictures with a name and category and they go to the correct spot but when I rescan the folders again the tags I just created disappear leaving the pictures without any tags again. All the other pictures that were already there don't lose their tags. I added these pictures when I was running 833 and thought 875 would fix the problem but didn't. Any ideas?

Hello Stephen,

What kind of images dis you add ? (JPGs, DNGs, ???)

Did you Daminion configure to write the tags back to the images / XMP files ? (menu in the upper right corner)

If not, I think, the tags are overwritten every time you do a rescan and reread all the "old" tags from the files.

Regard

Eberhard

Running 875 but problem occurred on 833 as well. We put some new pictures into the folders and scanned the folders to pick them up. I can go tag these pictures with a name and category and they go to the correct spot but when I rescan the folders again the tags I just created disappear leaving the pictures without any tags again. All the other pictures that were already there don't lose their tags. I added these pictures when I was running 833 and thought 875 would fix the problem but didn't. Any ideas?

Is the Auto-Sync option turned On or Off?

What image formats did this happen for?

Could you please reproduce this issue and record me a short screencast video using this small tool?

Rene suggested to turn metadata syncyng on. However BMP format doesn't supported storing metadata. So your tags can't be stored inside the bmp files.

However even despite this fact Daminion should't remove tags while rescanning the folders.

Stephen, could you please check whether " item > read tags from file" also clears the tags.