797 - missing fields "Title" and "Description"

Uwe

Hello,

the fields "Title" and "Description" are missing. They are not in the Properties Window anymore and I can't customize them in the presets.

This effect happens randomly in my work and I can't reproduce it. It happened at least 3 times yesterday.

I have to exit and lunch the client and they are back.

I had the same effect one time additional with the field "Creation DateTime" in the past.

I'm working with the shared catalog, Win7 64bit German. It doesn't depend on the language of Daminion. I get it in English and German.

Daminion_797_title_description.JPG

Is there anybody who has the same problem?

Regards Uwe

Daminion build 832:

Update 22.06.2013: it happened again and the fields are back after restart of the client.

Additionally I have the problem with other fields in the chapter System. The fields "Imported by" etc. are missing in the customizing and the Panel. This screenshot is from the shared catalog:

Daminion_832_Properties_Panel_shared_catalog.JPG

This one is from the local catalog. There are fields in the chapter "Custom" that belongs to the "System"

Daminion_832_Properties_Panel_local_catalog.JPG

Daminion build 833:

Update 22.06.2013: now the System and Custom chapter for the shared catalog looks like this:

Daminion_833_Properties_Panel_shared_catalog.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm having similar problems. But the field that keeps disappearing is the creation date. I too use custom tags and a shared catalog. Sometimes I can close and reopen the catalog and the field comes back. Today it's being a little more obstinate. I have tried several times with out the field coming back. I have not noticed other fields disappearing, but I have been focused on the creation date.

This is one the uncatchable bugs :pardon:

Hi Murat,

I have a workflow which involves a couple of updates directly to the database and I have this "tags dissapearing" issue :)

The good news are that it is reproducible!

I know that directly updating the database is risky and it is not supported nor recommended, but in this case, hopefully it could help to find this bug.

This issue has also happened to me eventually when using Daminion but I haven't been able to reproduce it from the interface.

I'm sending to your e-mail address a video with how I've been able to reproduce it.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Yes, I had to turn on the Creation Date too in the Customize. I don't use too often that field. :)

By the way, I think this is some timeout issue.

Because I don't have any problem now with these fields while i don't create new custom tags.

But...

One day when i copied files from 3 sources to the hdd where the Daminion catalog files are (so the hdd access was slow like hell), these tags simply vanished from the program. Every operation taken about 10-20 seconds, and between too operations the fields just gone.

So i guess it has to do something with database access, I don't know why.

Hello,

additionally to my initial post, it also happens with a local catalog and the standalone client. Additional to the fields "Title" and Description" the field "User Comment" and its content is missing now. They are back after client restart.

I'll send screenshot and settings by email.

Regards, Uwe

• 3 months later...

Hi Murat,

I have a workflow which involves a couple of updates directly to the database and I have this "tags dissapearing" issue :)

The good news are that it is reproducible!

I know that directly updating the database is risky and it is not supported nor recommended, but in this case, hopefully it could help to find this bug.

This issue has also happened to me eventually when using Daminion but I haven't been able to reproduce it from the interface.

I'm sending to your e-mail address a video with how I've been able to reproduce it.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Hi there, replying to this post just to confirm that the scenario where I was able to reproduce the "missing fields" issue, now works fine in build 987 :)

Regards!