Feature Request - shortcut to external Viewer - solved

Uwe

Hello,

I would like to have a shortcut that is linked (maybe by customize option) to the call of an external Viewer - e.g. MS Photo View.

Now, when I press Enter I get the Full Screen View. Right-Click in the thumbnail and I can call an external program - to shorten this way the shortcut will be helpful.

The problem for me is: the Full Screen View does not show the file itself, it shows the embedded thumbnail in case of the DNG. This 100% view is not and cannot be sharp to decide to keep or to delete the file.

Regards, Uwe

• Upvote 1

You could add (if not already) the MS Photo View under right click -> "open with" -> "Define external tool" command to the list of the available viewers.

And if you move this application up to the top of the list, than you can use the predefined shortcut "v" to call your MS viewer.

Hello,

yes, the MS Photo Viewer is already in the programs to open the file (right-click). But this is the Windows function. I can't assign the MS Photo Viewer in the Daminion action "Define external tools" because the Photo Viewer is not an *.exe program. It runs as *.dll in the rundll32.exe process of Windows.

Regards, Uwe

I use XnView because that is already installed. It can be defined as external program. And the shortcut "V" calls the photo in the Full Screen View in XnView.

It would be great if we could open the actual filtered search in XnView or other program (ACDSee is still much faster in full screen view, so I tend to use it for that), not the file's real directory. But it would be slower also because Daminion has to copy the images to a temporary place first. Hm, maybe there could be an option for this.

Regards,

mammut