Database Disc Image is Malformed - ????

dannahaz

I've suddenly started getting this error message when I try to import photos. It doesn't matter where I import from, or how many/few I try to import.

the photos are copied into the new directory, and do appear in the catalog, but there is no metadata showing for the individual images.

Any tips on what I need to do to fix this please?

Thanks for your help

Hi dannahaz,

I don't know if it is useful in this case but please start the Daminion client with parameter -log_enable. When the error appears, please press CTRL-F12 to come to the folder with the log files.

Regards, Uwe

Thanks Uwe. I have done as you suggest.

Where do you want me to look once I get into the log files, please?

I've suddenly started getting this error message when I try to import photos. It doesn't matter where I import from, or how many/few I try to import.

the photos are copied into the new directory, and do appear in the catalog, but there is no metadata showing for the individual images.

Any tips on what I need to do to fix this please?

Thanks for your help

Dannahaz, please show me screenshots with this error message. You can send it to support at daminion.net. If the error window has "Details" I need this information either.

Do you add images to a local or shared catalog?

What do you mean by "showing metadata"? Can you send me a screenshot for this issue?

Dannahaz, please show me screenshots with this error message. You can send it to support at daminion.net. If the error window has "Details" I need this information either.

Do you add images to a local or shared catalog?

What do you mean by "showing metadata"? Can you send me a screenshot for this issue?

Thanks Murat, I've emailed Support

Thanks for the information about this issue. To be honest, it's the first case where we receive information about this issue. Your catalog seems corrupted, this is a SQLite3 warning message. Possible reasons are:

- Full hard drive while attempting to write info into the catalog

- Problems with your hard drive. Please check it.

- Your catalog was located on a remote location (or a removable drive) with a problematic network connection.

- Copying the catalog while working with it (for example when Daminion was launched and auto-sync feature was turned on).

- Combination of various factors including program bugs (but this is the first info about such during the past 2 years).

Please send me your 2 catalogs for analyzing.

You can send me them by wetransfer.com service.