Creation Datetime info no longer appearing as Catalog Tag

dannahaz

hello, sorry, another newbie question.

When I was first improting my photos (I did them in batches), the "Creation Datetime" tag had values in. U was initially importing fairly recent files, where the creation date was imported automatically with the file.

I noticed this morning that the "creation datetime" is no longer populated. It doesn't matter what folder or set of files I select, values within it arenot available as a filter.

the ony thing I have done differently, is that the last batch of files I imported contained files where the aut assigned creation date was when it was scanned, and I edited a lot of files to assign new creationdates.

What do I need to do to get this back please?

I've attached a screencut.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hazel

post-1597-0-00359700-1360240351_thumb.jpg

please select only one item in the Thumbnail Window to see the DateTime Creation in the Properties Window.

Regards, Uwe

Yes, when I select one item only, the DateTime Creation in the Properties Window is populated.

Is the problem I am having perhaps linked with my other problem? "Database Disc Image is malformed" (posted separately)

ok, that means there is the tag in the items but you dont see the numbers in the Catalog Tag Window.

Maybe this is related to your databse problem that I never had. I can't help in this case but Murat is very activ in answering and to solve the problem as fast as possible. Please wait for his answer.

Regards, Uwe

ok, that means there is the tag in the items but you dont see the numbers in the Catalog Tag Window.

Maybe this is related to your databse problem that I never had. I can't help in this case but Murat is very activ in answering and to solve the problem as fast as possible. Please wait for his answer.

Regards, Uwe

Thanks for your help Uwe

Dannahaz, could please send me your catalog file to support at daminion.net?

Does your catalog files located on a local or shared location?

HI Murat

Is there any personal information stored in the catalog file?

I store it on an external hard drive which I access across a home network. The program file is only on the hard disk of my laptop.

Is there any personal information stored in the catalog file?

I store it on an external hard drive which I access across a home network. The program file is only on the hard disk of my laptop.

The catalog file is damaged. I guess it might be due to losing connection while atempting to write information into the catalog. Catalog doesn't contains any personal information except the tags that you see via Daminion. Thumbnails are located in the ~Thumbs folder, so I don't see any graphical info except your catalog tags.

If you need to use Daminion on a remote location consider using Daminion Server (or Home Server) instead. Or store Daminion catalog on your local drive while media files can be located on remote locations.

The catalog file is damaged. I guess it might be due to losing connection while atempting to write information into the catalog. Catalog doesn't contains any personal information except the tags that you see via Daminion. Thumbnails are located in the ~Thumbs folder, so I don't see any graphical info except your catalog tags.

If you need to use Daminion on a remote location consider using Daminion Server (or Home Server) instead. Or store Daminion catalog on your local drive while media files can be located on remote locations.

Thanks Murat. The reason I didn't keep the catalogue on my hard disk originally was that I was concerened about risk of losing it if my laptop was lost or stolen. However, I can use it and keep a back up on the external drive (or other device).

I will also take a look at the Server version... that seemed like overkill for my needs, as there is only me storing/accessing photos. However, if it will work better with my set up then I am happy to try it.

Thanks again

Hazel