716 - selection of multiple Catalog Tags - question and bug

Uwe

Hello,

I'll describe the combination of Folder and Focal Length selection but this is true for other tags too.

1. the Catalog Tags Window is in "Filter Mode"

2. select the items of a Folder (green Radio button), in the Folder Tag, e.g. 50

3. e.g. the original value for Focal Length 6.1 is 200, this is the total value of all items in the catalog

4. Press "CTRL" -> the value of the Focal Length changes to e.g. 10. This is the sum of all items of the combination "selected Folder Tags" and "Focal Length = 6.1"

5. Hold "CTRL" and select the Focal Length = 6.1 (green Radio button) -> you get 10 items in the Thumbnail Window

6. The value of the Focal Length Tag changes back to 200 and doesn't stay on value 10 until you press "CTRL" with mouse over the Focal Length Tags

Question: Is it ok that the Focal Length counter goes back to its total sum (in this example to 200) and doesn't stay on the value of the selected combination (in this example to 10)?

Error: When you press "CTRL" again with mouse over the Focal Length Tags -> all Focal Length Tags gets the value 10. It should be the value = 0 except the Focal Length = 6.1

Regards, Uwe

Hi Uwe,

Error: When you press "CTRL" again with mouse over the Focal Length Tags -> all Focal Length Tags gets the value 10. It should be the value = 0 except the Focal Length = 6.1

As I see it, the other "focal length tags" will refresh to 0 later automatically, you have just wait for it. Sometimes I have to scroll up and down the tags while I press ctrl. I think it's only some speed issue. Some code is working on there too long.

Question: Is it ok that the Focal Length counter goes back to its total sum (in this example to 200) and doesn't stay on the value of the selected combination (in this example to 10)?

I think it's correct now, because this way you can see the total sum, too, and you can easily see the number of common files, if you press ctrl. But we need faster refreshing for this.

I know that Daminion is counting the values in realtime, but maybe if there is a local catalog or the server is in local mode, it would be faster to simply use the counted and stored values, while we don't use the Refresh function (or while there is no tag change, of course).

Regards,

mammut

Hi Mammut,

As I see it, the other "focal length tags" will refresh to 0 later automatically, you have just wait for it. Sometimes I have to scroll up and down the tags while I press ctrl. I think it's only some speed issue. Some code is working on there too long.

Did you test it with shared catalog? It works with local catalog but not with the shared one. I've tested it once more with the shared catalog but even if I wait more than 1 minute the value of all Focal length values = 10.

Regards, Uwe

Hello,

Update after comments from Mammut:

1. Logical operator = OR to combine the tag selection.

2. It should not be value = 0 in any case. It should be the sum of the already selected tags + the value of its own tag in case this other Focal Length Tag fits to the Folder selection.

Example: the already selected number of items (Folder Tag + Focal Lenght = 6.1) is = 10. But there is another Focal Length Tag = 4.0 with number of items = 5. If all of these 5 items fits to the Folder Tag then its value should be 15 (when you hold the CTRL key) but 0 or less than 15 if none or less than 5 items fits to the Folder Tag.

3. Only the number of items that fits additionally to the already existing combination should be displayed.

Regards, Uwe

Did you test it with shared catalog? It works with local catalog but not with the shared one. I've tested it once more with the shared catalog but even if I wait more than 1 minute the value of all Focal length values = 10.

Oh, okay, sorry, I forgot that these are the Server topics. I'm sorry.

I'm only using local catalogs now because I can't create more shared catalogs at once, so I didn't test it with shared catalog.

Oh, okay, sorry, I forgot that these are the Server topics. I'm sorry.

I'm only using local catalogs now because I can't create more shared catalogs at once, so I didn't test it with shared catalog.

Hi Mammut,

if you have more than one PC you can install the server on each PC and you have more than one shared catalog. Ok, it's a workaround but it should work (information from Murat). I didn't test it yet but will do this next week.

Regards, Uwe

if you have more than one PC you can install the server on each PC and you have more than one shared catalog. Ok, it's a workaround but it should work (information from Murat). I didn't test it yet but will do this next week.

Yeah, I guess it'd work that way, because you can add more ip addresses, but I only have one pc. :)

I used the server in local mode, because it's faster than the local catalog, it's using other database engine. :) But there was a file limit, above that Daminion was really slowed down, I'm testing its limits again in the next few weeks. :)

This value shows how many files will be displayed after checking this tag. If you'll hold the Ctrl key this value also shows how many files will be displayed after checking this tag while holding the Ctrl key.

Hi Muta,

I understand. I would prefer to see how many items will be additionally selected when I click (hold CTRL key).

In case I don't get additional items the value is 0. In the other case it is the difference to the already selected.

Regards, Uwe