711 - cancel rescan folders shared catalog

Uwe

Hello,

there are some empty folders in the Daminion catalog. The old items and files have been deleted by Daminion before. I've copied new files to these folders by Total Commander. Then:

1. select these folders (CTRL-key)

2. F6 - rescan folders

3. the counter of the rescan progress = 1 and doesn't change for a long time (>3min) - seems that nothing happens

4. cancel the rescan process - confirmation dialog appears - yes

5. nothing happens

6. the rescan doesn't stop

Even if Daminion use buffering and block mode - I would like to have that the current operation will be completed (rescan of the current file and update of the catalog) and then immediately stopps all further activities independent on the level of the buffer or block.

While I write this message the process is still running - cancel once more doesn't help.

Regards, Uwe

Hi Murat,

no I didn't. I think this will stop the processes because of the database shutdown. But this can't be a solution to stop the database activities by server shutdown. In a later release with user roles maybe I don't have access to the server.

Regards, Uwe

Update: I've followed the recommendation: Start rescan -> nothing happend -> stop server -> connection lost, ok. -> reconnect -> start rescan -> it's running ?!

Hi Murat,

I've tested once again. When I select only one folder (main folder with some subfolders) the "Cancel" works as expected (the rescan stopped immediately). Then I've selected two folders (2 main folders with some subfolders each) for the rescan. Now it seems that I have to press "Cancel" as much as (main?)folders are selected. In my case 2 times. The first "Cancel" stopped the rescan of mainfolder 1 (incl. subfolders) and the next "Cancel" the rescan of mainfolder 2 (incl. subfolders).

Regards, Uwe