label assignment corrupts files

IndoMK

I recently reinstalled Daminion on a new computer (long story short, the old one was stolen, and I'm starting over from scratch with only a couple thousand pictures), and when I started assigning tags, I chose to use a color label to denote which images had been processed some (in GIMP 2.8). However, after the label had been assigned, I was unable to view any of the labelled images full screen in either Daminion or my default image viewer. I don't remember the exact message received though, but the image viewer said "cannot display" (or something), and Daminion gave a little box and 'X'. The thumbnail was still visible though. Thankfully I still had a copy of the images someplace else, and replaced them in the folder. (Daminion assigned the label to those ones too though, because the filenames were the same, and the exact same result occurred.) I should have taken screenshots, but I just didn't think to.

The only differences I can think of are these: the 'corrupted' images received a color label tag, they had been edited in GIMP, a "-e" was appended to the filename.

I've gone on with my tagging, but I'd like to be able to use the labels for the processed images.

I'm running Windows 7 (Home Premium, I believe), Service Pack 1; and using the latest posted version of Daminion.

I can't confirm this for version 602, shared catalog and format DNG and JPG.

But there are problems. I've selected one photo in the Thumbnail View and assigned the Color Label (yellow) in the Properties Window + save. The yellow color apears in the thumbnail. Then I went to the full screen mode. There isn't a yellow label in the top right corner. When I went back to thumbnail view there is no yellow label in the thumbnail but still in the Properties Window. Then I've selected an other photo in the Thumbnail Window without Color Label and went back to the previous one. Now there isn't a Color Label in the Properties Window for the first photo.

An other way:

I've assigned a Color label direct in the thumbnail (color label icon).

1. I can't save it because "Save" is not activ in the Properties Window

2. When I do it in the Properties Window I can "Save"

3. Press "Refresh Tag tree and thumbnail list" button in the top of the Thumbnail Window. Your changes are lost - no label.

Regards, Uwe

I can't confirm this for version 602, shared catalog and format DNG and JPG.

But there are problems. I've selected one photo in the Thumbnail View and assigned the Color Label (yellow) in the Properties Window + save. The yellow color apears in the thumbnail. Then I went to the full screen mode. There isn't a yellow label in the top right corner. When I went back to thumbnail view there is no yellow label in the thumbnail but still in the Properties Window. Then I've selected an other photo in the Thumbnail Window without Color Label and went back to the previous one. Now there isn't a Color Label in the Properties Window for the first photo.

I am unable to reproduce this issue. But could you please check whether your thumbnails are sorted by Place? If yes, please change the sorting tag and try again.

However, after the label had been assigned, I was unable to view any of the labelled images full screen in either Daminion or my default image viewer.

Does the problem still there after rebooting the Daminion or computer? IndoMK, could you please send me one of those images?

I'm a little bit confused. I made the test again now. It works (sort by file name, place, folder...). I'd stopped and restarted the server yesterday.

I'll have a look on it from time to time.

The problem might be due to a sorting by Place, that we intended to exclude from Details Mode.

Does the problem still there after rebooting the Daminion or computer? IndoMK, could you please send me one of those images?

I had tried restarting Daminion when the original problem occurred, and it persisted through the restart. However, when I tried it just now (assigned labels, confirmed that the picture was not displaying in Daminion or external viewer), and then restarted, it apparently fixed itself, and the pictures were usable again.

Do you still want me to send you one of the images (assign a label, and then send it before restarting Daminion)? I did attach a couple screenshots of what was happening (before restarting).

Edit: Sorry, shoulda resized the screens...

post-69-0-28253500-1346203099_thumb.png

post-69-0-93405800-1346203107_thumb.png

I had tried restarting Daminion when the original problem occurred, and it persisted through the restart. However, when I tried it just now (assigned labels, confirmed that the picture was not displaying in Daminion or external viewer), and then restarted, it apparently fixed itself, and the pictures were usable again.

Do you still want me to send you one of the images (assign a label, and then send it before restarting Daminion)? I did attach a couple screenshots of what was happening (before restarting).

Edit: Sorry, shoulda resized the screens...

A Picture might be in use by Daminion (need to investigate why) so other applications are unable to read them until closing Daminion. Please send me the images that you unable to open by other programs.

What Daminion version do you use?

I've just noticed that you added a "-e" postfix to your file. If you change the filename outside of the Daminion, the program can't see this file until you reimport it or Rescan it's folder in the Folders tag.