Checkout and Edit v.570

Uwe

Hello,

there is a strange behavior.

If I enter the folder to save the checked out file as: E:\Daminion_Checkout it doesn't work (see error message). Press ok again the same message appears but Acrobat opens the file.

If I use: \\HEIMPC\Daminion_Checkout (is the same physical place) I get the same error message for the first time but the external application start (e.g. Acrobat or Photoshop). If I do this a second time with the same media format the error message appears but the external application doesn't start. Press ok again the external application starts.

Regards, Uwe

Daminion_Checkout_01.JPG

Version Control doesn't work for files from shared network locations.

Daminion will not be able to protect the files if someone in your local network might screw them outside of the program.

As a workaround, if you need to provide check in/out for files from shared locations, I suggest you to store them on a local folder on your server PC. And then import to Daminion Server using local paths or via "Upload..." option. And then share the local folders.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I tested again in 592. There is a shared catalog on the local disk. The catalog folder is not shared by Win 7 for other user. The Checkout works. I get the version folder and the external tool (Photoshop) is started. But the Checkin doesn't overwrite the orginnal file by the extracted. An error window appears.

Server and client run on the same PC.

Regards, Uwe

Hello,

tested again in 595 with shared catalog. It doesn't work. I get the same error message as in previous versions, e.g. "The original file can not be substituted by the modified file"

Regards, Uwe