Team work and permissions

Mila

We work in a small team - one editor and two viewers (with a server, build 7.6.0). The viewers can not assign or edit keywords or categories, they can only search and export. But we would like to give them permission to assign color labels, so that both of them can see the selected images. Is there a way to do that without granting them access to edit keywords and categories?

Also I was curious about the commenting function. Is it only possible to comment via web interface? Is there a possibility to display all images that have comments? There is a search in comments but it is not really searching images, even if I use the exact words from the assigned comments.

I would be very greatful for your help.

On 2/4/2023 at 5:33 PM, Mila said:

Is it only possible to comment via web interface? Is there a possibility to display all images that have comments? There is a search in comments but it is not really searching images, even if I use the exact words from the assigned comments.

@Mila, when you enter a comment on the desktop, you can also search for it. I do use it often (using HomeServer 6.8 and earlier). However, when you synchronize or "Item->Actions-Write Tags to File", the comment is not stored in the image as metadata, but lives in the PostgreSQL database.  Some time ago, there was a thread about why it is not written to file.

And yes, you can select all items, which have comments:
image.png.7cc87559919d5f0253dbd06973387cd9.png

As I said, the above applies to the desktop client. Since I don't use the web interface, I cannot say anything about it, but hearing you, I assume, those are two different implementations of comments or a bug, nobody recognized yet.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

@MilaHello. There is no separate right to edit a color mark. Initially, comments were made only for the web interface. We planned to search through files with comments, but we are not currently developing this functionality.

@WilfriedBMetadata comments and web comments are two different entities.