MKV video files

John B

Is there any future development for Daminion to store "MKV" video files.. There is a lot of benefits to using this video format mainly due to its file compression.. I have been using this format now for a few months, but noticed the sidecar file will not store the custom tags information for it. So the tag data is lost shoud a read from file be run.. i.e the custom tags fields in the database is wiped empty... 😕

Hi John B,
here are the screenshots of the xmp sidecar and the list view. There are two custom tags (red rectangle) existing in the xmp file and the database. I didn't use your xmp file. I've imported only the MKV video and entered the tags in the Daminion Properties panel. This is the result.
regards, Uwe

20220313_232346.jpg

20220313_232231.jpg

Thanks for the help... I have just tried another file and no problems. Followed the same procedure and its worked kept all the data.. ? why its just doing to certian ones I Don't Know.   Its created 641 of these losts data files out of 12k+ files so not too bad... Now idea why tho?

• 1 month later...