[2553] Face Recognitions - my thoughts

rene

Hello,

here are my first thoughts on using the Face Recognition of Daminion Server!

Fullscreen view

I would appreceate it, if the windows showing the Face Thumbs would be in Fullscreen view!

Tagging process

So far the system is pretty good! However, i find, that it would be much more applicapable of doubleclicking thumbs to see full photo! Sometimes it is realy hard to see the difference between different people eg my two grand aunts and my grand mother, they looked very alike as younger women!  Further, when the system suggests me thumbs and one is not applicapable it is complicated to make them assigned to another task, hence the window for "Assign specific person" is not working properly, i can type the name, but no results,, instead i have to scroll to the name in the small list of names!

Idea

The system shows me several blocks of thumbnails for the same name suggestion, why not let me go through the names and see possible thumbnails, like in Picasa? 

Performance

Right now, our server is heavely working on the disks, but that should be normal, hence every file has to be scanned! Therefore, i guess this will settle once done! We currently run a Wortmann Terra MiniServer E3-1225 with 16 GB DDR3-SDRAM.Intel Xeon E3-1225V3 with Windows Server 2019!

ignored People

We have many photos with persons, we don't want to tag, because we either don't know them, or they are irrelivent for us! In Picasa i could simply click on "IGNORE FACE", such a feature would be nice! if i mark them as unmarked, they keep showing up! I, for that matter created a Person called "IGNORED" but that is in my opinion just a workaround!

I surly, will have more suggestions, I started using it a few hours ago!

Thank you for having face recognition finaly working!

Thanks for the feedback, Rene. The third tab called "Unknown Persons/Faces" is exactly for ignored or unknown people. We need select the best name for it. 

The facial recognition feature is in a very early beta stage with some glitches and bugs. But we optimize and fix bugs actively.

Hello Murat,

thank you! 

I think we should have 2 tabs

unmarked

here all not yet assigned faces show up because! These can be faces not yet suggested being a person, and ones with persons not assigned yet!

ignored

only people I ignored, then they don't show up in unmarked, give space there! 

BTW, will it be in the main windows of Daminion later? Or will it always show up aas a popup?

DEmonstration

If you like, we can setup and appintment and I show you the issues where i think a better procedure could be assigned!