Catalog Tags - Camera Lens v.535

Uwe

Hello,

the photos are made with the same camera as RAW - CR2. Then I've saved the photos in different formats (DNG, JPG, TIF, PSD). I sent the different XMP data of one photo to you yesterday by FTP. For the CR2 format you create the tag: Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS and for the other formats you use an other tag name: EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM.

Regards, Uwe

What software did you use to convert CR2 to other formats? Please send me one of these images.

Lens information can be stored in EXIF or XMP metadata. There are a lot of metadata fields where Daminion looks for a lens info.

- XMP AUX:Lens

- EXIF MakerNote:Lens

- EXIF:Lens

Exif MakerNote is a container that each camera vendor uses on its own way. For example Canon might store lens info by 10-15 different ways in MakerNote that depends from the camera model.

If Daminion is unable to locate the lens model info, it tries to compose a generic lens info based on the focal length and aperture.

Hello Murat,

I just copy some examples to the FTP-Server (new directory ExampleFiles with ZIP-File). The file name contains the format and the program that was used to create the format. E.g. _MG_2801_TIF_LR4.tif, TIF format created by Lightroom4.

Regards, Uwe